about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, January 11

10 Days Review Part II

See below for Part 1 of my review.

A major part of Jackie, John and Angel's "accelerated running start" toward a healthier lifestyle is incorporating more activity into their lives.

Jackie commits to 3 times per week at the gym.



She takes a buddy along which helps pass the time... even when she looks like she's not entirely enjoying herself!

John stops taking cabs to work and walks the 20 blocks each day.



And Angel also agrees to work out in gym more often (although she gets there and no one is there... no man of her dreams:-/)

Ellie also threw in some challenges into the 10 days to see how each one would cope. For Angel, it was a potluck dinner party. All of her friends brought delicious-sounding, but fatty dishes that were a no-no on Angel's new menu.

She managed to stay strong through the macaroni and cheese, meatballs and garlic bread, but when someone busted out the red velvet cake Angel had a very tough decision to make.



(get it? Angel? Conscience? I love those cartoons when the devil/angel pops up. This graphic also took forever to make, so go with me on it)

In the end, she gives in to peer pressure and eats the cake!



Which I think is fine. No healthy lifestyle/diet/whatever can work if you don't allow yourself an occasional indulgence. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Angel seemed to get really upset for "letting herself" do this, but I was glad to see Ellie be so supportive about it. I think it helped Angel see that things like cake or rich food every once in a while is fine.

In the end, like Ellie said, I was really impressed with the changes they all had made.

Here's what they looked like after 30 days:



She looks great and happy. Way to go, Jackie.



You can tell John slimmed down and seems to be feeling much healthier. He even did a little dance to prove it!



And Angel looks like she's doing quite well. She got a new figure and a new wig! :-) She's awesome.


So there you have it. It was so great getting to talk to Ellie before the special and I hope a lot of viewers connected with Angel, Jackie and John. Hopefully there will be more specials to come!

Labels: ,

 

3 Comments:

At 1/11/2007 4:23 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Thing is, on my "diet" (I hate that word), I don't deprive myself. I balance my carbs and protein out. If I want a dessert I will have some on a weekend...but in moderation. Otherwise you set yourself up for failure, IMO.

 
At 1/12/2007 4:37 PM , Blogger jacob said...

I totally agree, Jennifer. That's why it was so refreshing to see Ellie not beat Angel up about it, or let Angel beat HERSELF up about it.

I am theoretically on a 6 day/week workout plan (although lately it's been about 4-5) and I love the day I get to indulge:-)

 
At 1/12/2007 4:37 PM , Blogger jacob said...

I totally agree, Jennifer. That's why it was so refreshing to see Ellie not beat Angel up about it, or let Angel beat HERSELF up about it.

I am theoretically on a 6 day/week workout plan (although lately it's been about 4-5) and I love the day I get to indulge:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive