about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, January 8

Someone in the Deen Family is Out

Well, I was trying to not go into whether or not someone in the Deen family was "out," but I can't help it.

No, it's not who you might think.

It's Paula, herself!



Hank Stuever of the Washington Post, in his annual in and out list, placed Paula (along with Danity Kane, David Sedaris and others) on the OUT list, while David's sister was chosen as IN!

I'm torn because my love for Paula is never-ending, but I also greatly respect and love the twist Amy Sedaris has taken with her cookbook and career. Amy would be awesome on the Food Network!

In fact, an Ace of Cakes/Amy Sedaris lineup would rival any network's Thursday night programming. Get on that,
Bob.

So, congrats to Amy. Better luck next year, Paula.

Did everyone watch Ellie over the weekend? I did and really enjoyed it. For the first special of its kind of the Food Network (that I know of), it was a definite success. We all love seeing those diet makeover shows on Oprah, Dateline, et al, but rarely do you get as close a look into the lives of each person as was done on "10 Days."

I'll have pictures and more up tomorrow. Until then, enjoy this soggy (on the east coast) Monday.

Labels: , , ,

 

7 Comments:

At 1/08/2007 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love watching Ellie and did watch the special on Saturday. (What else is single girl gonna do on a Saturday night? Hmph.) Anways...I kept thinking that Foodnetwork had done something previously with the guy from calorie commando hosting it, that was along the same lines. Am I wrong? I looked it up and sounds like the show "Weighing In" on their website. Liked watching Ellie's special. Too bad I only saw it advertised once on the channel before it aired. Unlike Giada's commercial, with the car, that runs every single commercial break. Do they realize that there are other people on the channel besides Giada and Paula? And why don't they actually advertise new shows on the home page of their website instead of trying to sell stuff? They should take a lesson from the Canadian website. Much nicer look. {/endrant} Sorry about that. Good interview too. :)

 
At 1/08/2007 3:59 PM , Blogger jacob said...

You may be right about another similar special. I'm still a relatively new food network addict:-)

I agree that the advertising for some shows is a little unbalanced. I was so glad to be able to speak with Ellie before the special aired because I was worried that not enough people had even heard about it. And, yes, I love the Canadian Food Network Web site! Thanks for the tips, anon.

 
At 1/08/2007 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I, too, am getting a little tired of seeing Giada race around in her Datsun convertible (ugh -- I remember when those cars were old on the road!)

That, and they keep replaying those FN stars do Europe shows -- over and over!

Harry

 
At 1/08/2007 10:50 PM , Blogger amanda said...

ohmygosh, mary alice AND amy sedaris??? it would be the best night of TV ever. who do we need to talk to to make this happen? (like all those to's?)

i missed ellie, and i could have REALLY used her ideas. i suck; i'm a whale; i don't want to go to a majorcan beach with my in-laws. ok, slight moment of insecurity...but seriously, i need ellie's help.

off to school tomorrow...as a student!

 
At 1/09/2007 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Amy Sedaris. Never heard of her until I saw her on the Martha Show. She was hilarious. She made cracks at Martha but they came off as funny. She would be great with a show!

 
At 1/09/2007 9:15 AM , Blogger jacob said...

harry: i found i had to stop myself from watching Ina in paris or Giada in Italy for the fifth time, too.

amanda: i wish i had thought of this amy sedaris on FN idea earlier. she fits the new vibe of thurs. night. i'm sure ellie will be in reruns, otherwise, i'll give you the basic tips. AND, why are you going back to school?!?!

anon: i love that clip of amy on martha, too. she finally had someone firing back at her somewhat-rude comments she always makes to her guests!

 
At 1/09/2007 6:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction: Giada's car is an Austin Healy.

BTW Tvgasm disected the ad (too funny):

http://www.tvgasm.com/shows/food-network/recap-food-netw-3823.php

Harry

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive