about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, November 7

Chicagoans: Flayster and Nigellie In Town


I won't be back in Chicago for a few more weeks, but I thought I'd let all you bundled-up Midwesterners know about some FN stars making local appearances:

Bobby Flay shares recipes from Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Cookbook: Explosive Flavors From the Southwestern Kitchen (Clarkson Potter, $35) at 2 p.m. Thursday at Williams-Sonoma, Oakbrook Shopping Center, Oak Brook, and 7 p.m. at Borders, 830 N. Michigan.

I love that Borders. Perfect place to use the bathroom after you've tried at all the other stores on Michigan. ;-) Or just go across the street to Water Tower, but they're only on a few floors.



Nigella Lawson signs copies of her latest book Nigella Express: 130 Recipes for Good Food, Fast (Hyperion, $35) during a 3 p.m. tea Nov. 14 at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago, 160 E. Pearson. The cost is $75, which includes a copy of the book. For reservations, call (312) 573-5011.

Nigella doesn't mess around. She makes you get a reservation AND pay $75 bucks just to get a book signed!

[Info via Sun-Times' Bits & Bites]

Labels: ,

 

5 Comments:

At 11/07/2007 12:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the Borders on Michigan Ave indeed makes for a convenient potty break. :-)

Actually, it looks like Nigella will also be at the Borders on Nov 14th @ 7pm, after the Ritz-Carlton event.

Always happy that FN celebs make their way to my town. I like Bobby a lot, but I don't feel the need to see him. Nigella, on the other hand -- I just gotta see if those things are real!

 
At 11/07/2007 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once heard Nigella say something like “My girlfriends-they like to go out shopping for shoes. Me…I like to shop for cheese”. That’s my kinda gal. She had me at “cheese”.

 
At 11/07/2007 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Gawd! I wish I was gonna be in Chicago then. I would love to go see the Nigella and just stare at that huge fabulous rack and that Rubenesque figure of hers. And I'm a girl.

And I'm straight.

 
At 11/08/2007 9:35 AM , Blogger jacob said...

pat: oh, i seen 'em. real as rain. you ought to go and see for yourself, though.

conrad: haha... oh, cheese.

gen: she's got that Angelina Jolie-like effect on straight girls, yes. Although I think some might be afraid of her voluptousness... some might like it, though. ;-)

 
At 11/08/2007 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

why is bobby flay so damn ugly? EWWWW

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive