about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, August 17

Ace of Cakes

I must admit that I have been very skeptical about Duff Goldman's new show Ace of Cakes, set to premiere tonight at 10:30 p.m. EST. When I first saw the ads promoting it, I instantly disregarded it, thinking it'd be just another desperate ploy from the Food Network execs. to lure straight male viewers. I've seen his work on those cake competitions, and didn't he also make an appearance on D.C.'s-own dreadful Sugar Rush? But then I realized I've felt this way about a lot of shows before they even start (i.e., The Osbournes) and have grown to enjoy them. After reading a bit more about Duff (who happens to be another somewhat-local up in Baltimore), I am somewhat more tempted to at least watch. Maybe I just don't like cake. Or intricate cakes that explode. Still, I can't help but feel turned off by that silly promo of him with the guitar, eating cake off of his face. Ina wouldn't do that! Thoughts?

Labels:

 

2 Comments:

At 8/20/2006 12:54 PM , Blogger Luna said...

I caught part of it. And I kept seeing him channel SOAD and screaming out "HOW CAKE CAN ALWAYS FEED THE POOR?!!!!"

 
At 8/21/2006 11:29 AM , Blogger jacob said...

SOAD? Snakes on a Plane? :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive