about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, August 10

sandra lee is one wacky lady

A lot of food bloggers have written about sandra lee and her TV show Semi-Homemade. I feel comfortable saying that most of what's been written is not what Sandra would consider "positive feedback"-- not exactly the kind of reviews she'd want to print out, laminate, glue onto construction paper, and turn into a tablescape if you know what I mean.

I wouldn't go as far as the writer at Semi-Horrible Cooking does (she gets completely skewered at this site), since I am able to take the good things from Sandra's show and at least see the humor in them. This must be the overall mentality of a lot of food network executives.

Anyhow, her show's opening recently changed finally. Here's what I loved about the original:


so, she starts out with this fun grin and then UP goes to the tablecloth! Sandra disappears.

VOICEOVER: You know, I have been cooking and entertaining for years-- the traditional way my grandmother taught me.

No joke, right when she says "the traditional way my grandmother taught me," this picture shows up:


Is this what Sandra's grandmother was teaching her? I think this looks more like a pitcher of margaritas than "Grandma's apple pie." Maybe that's why this opening changed so frequently.

I also love the white shirt with the tie-front and jeans she wears when she hops down the steps. Pictures to come once I get them uploaded.


I love this person's video of Sandra's opening. They actually just videotaped it right off the screen! This is the kind of stuff I would do as a kid. I think I still have En Vogue's "Giving Him Something He Can Feel" taped right off the VH1 screen somewhere. Anyhow, kudos to whomever posted it. I love it! And to you, Sandra, keep on drinking!

Labels:

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive