about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Friday, September 8

Marc Summers is my Guilty Pleasure

"I'm going to ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, or think the other team hasn't got a clue, you can Dare them to answer it for double the dollars. But be careful, because they can always Double Dare you back for four times the amount, and then you'll either have to answer the question or take the Physical Challenge!"




Yes, that sound bite (or my own, somewhat altered version of it) will be forever burned into my brain for all eternity thanks to endless hours of Nickelodean watching.

I don't know why everyone is "hatin'" on Marc Summers. I have loved him since his Double Dare and What Would You Do? days. And now, his stilted, unnatural demeanor on Unwrapped is still something I adore. He gets to shine a bit more on the Next Food Network Star, where he's more in his element, but still, I think he's great-- even if he does wake up at 3 a.m. just to straighten the fringe on the rugs or make sure his shirts are exactly 1/4" apart from each other in the closet.

I love seeing those big machines making the Cheese Whiz or whatever product its focusing on in Unwrapped. There's always a "Cheese Whiz" expert/historian/mega-fan that they dig out of the woodwork that really gives added credibility to an otherwise silly show.

Someday I'll go into my opinion of the Next Food Network Star. If you've read the comments, you might know some of what I think. Now that it's coming back for a 3rd season, I'll be interested in seeing how, if at all, the producers change the format. Ugh... TGIF.

 

2 Comments:

At 9/08/2006 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I had a picture of me in my Marc Summers "Get Sloppy" tee shirt. It would go splendidly well on this page! I think it disturbs Martin: Marc's big, smiling face stretched across my chest. Oh, that was too visual, wasn't it? ;)

 
At 9/10/2006 9:00 AM , Blogger jacob said...

That's awesome. I don't think I've seen that tee before. Poor Martin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive