about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Friday, September 29

Paula's Party

As you may have read, Food Network chose Paula Deen to tap into the "younger audience" it's greatly trying to attract.



Her new talkshow,
Paula's Party, premieres tonight at 10/9 central.

Keeping in mind the demographics of this audience, males aged 18-35, it's easy to understand why they chose Paula DeenPaula Deen. She is:

  • old
  • gray-haired
  • married
  • afraid to leave her home
  • a grandmother

Haha... just kidding Paula. I enjoy you AND I fit into that demographic, so maybe the FN is partially right. Still, I don't know if a Friday at 10 p.m. timeslot was the best decision for gathering the youngins around the television.




I haven't been blown away by those yellow, buttery promos they've been running non-stop, but I'm sure Pauler will bring something funny to the table.

Well, I'm coming home tomorrow. It's been a long, busy week. I'm ready for the weekend!

Labels:

 

4 Comments:

At 10/01/2006 2:21 PM , Blogger Luna said...

How did you like the first show? I couldn't digest it. I got so annoyed at her accent, and I live in West Texas! And it just seemed full of awkward empty silence at times. Forced, or something. That's my opinion though.

 
At 10/01/2006 7:25 PM , Blogger jacob said...

I was actually out of town all week and didn't catch it. I'll be looking for it in reruns, but I'm not surprised by the awkward pauses. Poor Paula. I thought having more people around might get her a little more natural-acting.

 
At 10/19/2006 11:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed the three shows I have seen of Paula's Party. I think her interaction with the audience is great. I don't know where she got the audience but they are "duds". (Even the gal who is to become her sister-in-law didn't help matters with her lack of response.) How would you like to "play" to a bunch of younger people who don't seem to understand clean humor! Anyway, I like the show and have tried some of the recipes. Tonight we had oxtails and they were delicious.

 
At 10/20/2006 9:37 AM , Blogger jacob said...

I'm glad you enjoy the show, and I agree with you that the audience is a little dull. I think a lot of the people just thought they were coming to see a "show" and didn't think they'd be involved as much. It also doesn't help that it looks like it's shot in a hotel banquet room.

I think if the show does well the FN will look for a more appropriate location for her show.

PS-I ate oxtails when I was in Spain and they were pretty good. I don't think I'd go as crazy over them as Paula does, but I'm glad you enjoyed them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive