about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, October 23

Apologies and Avocados


Sorry for such a super-late post! I have been racing around since my return from Chicago. It was a very fun trip, although I never made it to Lou Malnati's :-(

I had
Giordano's instead, which is an excellent (if not better) substitution. They also ship nationwide. It was excellent.

Anyhow, I don't have much to say today other than:

Have you noticed the avocado commercials on the Food Network?

I love avocados as much as the next person, but I've never quite understood why products like "milk" and "pork" need their own commercials. Aren't we all aware that they exist? Since they don't endorse any specific brand sometimes these commercials seem a little irrelevant.

I do realize that commercials such as these have the potential to benefit the entire industry of said product and, thus, are meaningful. This point is referenced in the recent press release: "Hass Avocados Achieve 1 Billion Pound Volume Success in U.S. in 2006."

I kind of miss seeing commercials of products that for some reason no longer need them, like Mrs. Butterworth's, Green Giant, and Trix.

Well, I guess all of those characters are based on racial stereotypes or derogatory personifications... but I still miss them!

Those really were the first three commercials that came to mind when I thought of ones I miss:-/ Hmmm... maybe I should talk to someone about this.

Have a happy Monday. Regular post to follow tomorrow!

Labels:

 

2 Comments:

At 10/24/2006 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the Trix ads a racial stereotype or derogatory personification of? Rabbits?

 
At 10/24/2006 1:00 PM , Blogger jacob said...

anytime a cartoon rabbit is forced to grovel for some cereal it's derogatory. those bratty kids! learn to share!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive