about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, October 16

Charm City Cakes Adventure



Hey! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a lot of fun yesterday when I visited Charm City Cakes in Baltimore!

Mary Alice, office manager extraordinaire, Ace of Cakes star, tireless worker, and the central figure of
her very own fan club, was nice enough to show us around yesterday in-between her numerous appointments. She had to work by herself all day on Sunday doing wedding appointments while Duff was out of town, so I'm very thankful she managed to squeeze us in:-)

First of all, the bakery itself is awesome and looks just as bright and fun as it does on TV. I thought it looked smaller in real life, while Mary Alice said she hears just the opposite sometimes.

She gave us a tour of the main work space, the room they use downstairs to do their interviews for the show, and the room the crew uses for all their equipment. It was really cool. Being someone who has always been fascinated in not just the product of TV and movies but the making of them, it still gives me a thrill to see these kind of "behind-the-scenes", inner-workings that go into the production.

After the tour, Mary Alice was nice enough to just sit down and chat with us. We talked about how things have changed for her and the bakery since the show aired, and how everyone is so much more at ease filming this second season now that they know the way in which they'll be portrayed (no, the cameras weren't there when I went. Sundays and Mondays are their days off).

One of the best things about the visit was that we got to take home some cake!



Someone got sick and wasn't able to pick up their samples. Good luck for me! I tried several different flavors already and they were all good. I'm sure the finished product is delicious, so all the "haters" out there thinkin' that their cakes only look good can hush. =)

It sounds like the second season, which will have twice as many episodes, is going to be really good. I'll let you know some of the things I've found out in a later post (it's Monday... gotta get on other things, sadly).



And don't think I would have left without getting a photo with MA. I debated about putting thought bubbles or arrows on this pic, but thought it didn't need it.


So, that was my fun Sunday. I really never thought by starting this little blog just a few months ago I would be meeting and talking with someone actually on the food network:-) It was cool.

Thanks, MALICE!

Labels: ,

 

4 Comments:

At 10/16/2006 10:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm soooooooooooooooooo jealous! When can I start going on Food Network adventures with you. I still think we should go to the big bash in south beach...or wherever. Send me a copy of this picture ASAP.

Oh, sad news: the in-laws are coming tomooorow, so the birthday pressie might be a bit late. :( I spent the ENTIRE weekend cleaning and cooking. You're right: we don't need email anymore. ;)

 
At 10/17/2006 11:38 AM , Blogger jacob said...

yes, I will definitely send it "anonymous." I think south beach would be awesome. Let's just do it.

Yeah, e-mail is old news. Your students will be so excited that you caught on (BTW: I just sent this as a text to your Blackberry, too).

 
At 2/21/2007 1:28 AM , Blogger Maria said...

i think mary alice is awesome to begin with, but the fact that she is wearing a righteous babe shirt makes her a thousand times awesomer than she already is.

 
At 2/21/2007 8:09 AM , Blogger jacob said...

haha, i know. go ani! and MA!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive