about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, October 3

Getcha Ina On



As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I truly enjoy Ina Garten and her show Barefoot Contessa. Her's was one of the first shows I started watching regularly, and that's sort of odd considering I had very limited cooking experience/knowledge. One would think I might be more attracted to Rachael Ray or Sandra.




Somehow this pleasant and excited (yet always in-control) host captured my heart (and stomach) with her easy approach and delicious-sounding recipes. Even though I've only made about 3 things I've seen, I still try to tune in every Saturday and Sunday.

Ina's "guests" are one of the best aspects of the show. I am fully convinced that if I ever go to East Hampton, New York I will already know every gay man that lives there.





More on that some other time. I think it'd be fun to profile all the men Ina knows.

Her Web site, www.barefootcontessa.com is also great. My favorite part is the FAQ:

Can I buy the music from Ina's show?

Unfortunately, we had the music written specifically for the show, so it's not commercially available. However, the music was inspired by CD's that I like: Costes La Suite ; Bryan Ferry Taxi ; Roxy Music Avalon ; Cesaria Evora, Cafe Atlantico ; and any of the Cafe Del Mar CD's. You can get them all at Amazon.com.

What is "good" mayonnaise?

I prefer Hellman's mayonnaise which is called Best in the Western part of the US. If you live in the South and can buy Duke's, it's also terrific.

How can I find the shirts that Ina wears on the show?

Unfortunately, I have my shirts made for me by a dressmaker in NY City. I wanted a certain style and couldn't find it in enough colors, so I had them custom made. The original shirt came from Eileen Fisher, so that's a good place to look.

Oh Ina. I'm not making those up, either. There are lots more on there if you are interested.

I still haven't caught Nigella. I'll be interested in seeing how much of the comparions really turn out to be true.

It's only Tuesday and it's tough being back. I think we should all get a week off after a week-long work trip. Yikes.

Labels:

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive