about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, October 31

Happy Halloween! 100th Post

Happy Halloween! And a happy 100th post to me! I'm glad there's a least a few of you out there that find as much enjoyment with the Food Network as I do. I always appreciate your comments and e-mails.

I love Halloween and have always loved the specials that air on TV during October. Thankfully, the Food Network did not disappoint this year.

Sandra Lee, the one I love to have a little good-natured fun with, really took it over the edge this year (I apologize if this is an old episode; first time I'd seen it) and actually had more gay icons on her show than Ina Garten!

That's right! Typically Ina can't get through an episode without having a well-dressed dandy drop by with a surprise flower arrangement or free ballet lesson.

I kid, I kid. Let's get to it, though. The comparisons!




Aunt Sandy first came out as Cher. Her wig (which she cautioned repeatedly to avoid getting it in the food) looked more like a boa than a Bob Mackie original. Still, not bad.



THEN Sandra Lee vogued on out as Madonna. I like to think of Sandra just dressing up all crazy by herself, drinking cocktails. It's better to be by herself in those situations and not frighten those darling little nieces and nephews.

Sandra tells us this little tale about how when she was in college she won "free tickets to her concert in Madison, Wisconsin" and had to jump in her car and drive from Lacrosse to get there in time.

Hmmm... sweet story, Sandra, but I checked and Madonna never played in Madison! The only time her official Web site lists a concert played anywhere in Wisconsin was 1987, and that was in East Troy-- nearly 2 hours away. Nice try, Sandy. I never buy those little stories that they tell about their personal connection to whatever like, "When I was 2 months old, my mom used to make this pie and I would help her while I studied the dictionary and learned sign language" --- please!

Next:



I hate to say this, but Sandra actually made a pretty good Barbra. Maybe that's not really a compliment since so many drag queens make really good Barbras, too. Nevertheless, the makeup, hair and nose were right on.

And finally:



If there was ever an icon that could epitomize Sandra in terms of drinking, awkward behavior, and flashy costumes, it'd be Liza. Sandra really seemed to fit right in with this getup, and I wouldn't doubt you'd see someone very similar to Liza after you got a few stiff drinks into Aunt Sandy. Bravo!


Well, I know I mentioned I'd be posting pics of Michael Chiarello today in his Halloween costumes, but I thought I had enough gay icons up for today! HA! Zinger!

Hmm... anyhow, I hope these costumes of Sandra Lee inspire you to:

Keep it crazy

Keep it inebriated

Keep it frightening

and always keep it, semi-ho made.

(Sorry, couldn't help that one. Needed to end it somehow)

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels:

 

5 Comments:

At 10/31/2006 12:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came through foodcandy.com. This post was HEEE-LAR-I-OUS. I have heard through the grapevine that Sandra is quite the drinking machine and that she likes the college men half her age. I absolutely hate her show, but she is pretty hot, especially is a cleavage packing Madonna

 
At 10/31/2006 1:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your blog, but today's was wonderful!

"If there was ever an icon that could epitomize Sandra in terms of drinking, awkward behavior, and flashy costumes, it's be Liza."

Brilliantly said.

 
At 10/31/2006 1:58 PM , Blogger jacob said...

haha... glad you both enjoyed it, and thanks for visiting for the 1st time, timelas.

Also, reading these comments is a great way for me to check my grammatical errors:-)

 
At 11/03/2006 12:04 PM , Blogger jacob said...

thanks, bluespanishsky!

it's always good to laugh loudly and suddenly at the office.

 
At 11/05/2006 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I found your blog. The only thing that's better than my addiction to the Food Network is my addiction to people that laugh at the personalities I don't like on the Food Network, haha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive