about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Saturday, November 4

More and More Martha

Well, I know this isn't technically "Food Network-related," but since I'm on the subject of Martha, I want you to check out the videos of one of my faves, Amy Sedaris, and her recent appearance on Martha.

She just came out with a great "hospitality book" called I Like You Jared was nice enough to get it for me for my birthday and it's so funny. It's filled with real recipes (that even Martha agrees are good) and tips on entertaining different types of people.

Martha is her usual self during the entire cooking demo. It's hilarious how Amy will say these outlandish things and Martha will just keep a straight face and keep on keeping on. I like Martha--don't get me wrong-- but I wish she'd just relax just a smidge when she has such funny women on her show.

Amy is very serious about cooking and entertaining, though. While the book is funny, she says straight out that it is not a "joke cook book." Almost all of the recipes are her mother's or provided by close friends. Seriously, if you're not offended by some slightly R-rated humor, I'd highly suggest picking up her book.

No big plans today for me. I'm taking another trip next weekend, so I'm just trying to relax (and save money). Have a good Saturday!

Labels: ,

 

4 Comments:

At 11/05/2006 1:13 AM , Blogger amanda said...

Well, I love the Sedaris book, too! I saw it at the B&N today (shhh! don't tell I was there). I enjoyed her tips on how to entertain the elderly. It was very helpful and insightful. I better get for my bday. I wish I could have seen the Martha appearance!

P.S. I get out at 11 on Friday, so I'll be there to pick ya up.

 
At 11/05/2006 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Martha's Christmas special years ago when she had Miss Piggy as a guest. Martha is being Martha, putting draggots (little silver balls) one by one on a cookie. As she explains what she is doing to Miss Piggy, the Porker chimes in "How obsessive" ... I rolled laughing, but not Martha ... she just kept balling those cookies.

 
At 11/06/2006 8:40 AM , Blogger jacob said...

amanda: b&n? for shame. yeah, the book is awesome. I'll bring it this weekend if you need to peruse it more.

harry: yeah, i can't tell if martha is just oblivious or chooses to ignore her guests. that's funny that she had miss piggy on. she should have more puppet guests!

 
At 11/10/2006 4:04 PM , Blogger Ziz said...

amy is hilarious and her book is wonderful! I highly recommend it. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive