about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, January 16

Ace of Cakes Promo Land



Duff and the gang at Charm City Cakes are going to be popping up all over the place to promote the second season of Ace of Cakes, debuting this Thursday night, according to MediaPost.

In a co-branded partnership with YouTube, Ace of Cakes video and ads are now running on both YouTube's home page and other pages directing users to the show's YouTube page. In addition, expandable ads are being placed in AIM buddy list windows, showing video clips of the show. Agency.com worked with media agency MediaStorm and Filter, Food Network's offline agency, to develop this campaign. Banner ads for the campaign are also running across
People.com, VH1's Web site, TV.com and Gawker, among other sites.

The video they have up is pretty funny:



I also love the commercial with Mary Alice where she talks about getting an e-mail from "Pirate Hooker."


Overall, I'm liking this angle much better than the Duff-playing-guitar-getting-cake-on-his-face thing they did for the first season. I also like that the commercials stress the ensemble more (as the show is much more than just Duff).

So, I'm excited for the premiere. I hope all the advertising that's being done works out well. I'd be interested to hear what others think, though.

Hmm...

It was a nice long weekend here in your nation's capital (if you live in the United States). In the 60s, which is just crazy. I'm not complaining, though. I don't miss the scraping ice, frozen fingers, snow in my socks and shoes kind of days:-)

Labels: ,

 

3 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 10:05 PM , Blogger amanda said...

You had 60's!?! Whatever. I like my toes being constantly cold and bundling up in my big, poofy jacket. I also got a nice new Franklin Fanatics scarf today from a parent. Go blue and white...except the 8th grade team, because they push me and get away with it. I shouldn't care. I mean he was a star basketball player. He should be able to play.

 
At 1/17/2007 10:37 PM , Blogger jacob said...

WHAT?! pushed you? that's redick. i'm calling massah carver.

 
At 2/14/2007 1:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exclusively on www.blogtv.ca Tuesday, Feb 20 from 3:30 – 4:00pm ET an interactive chat with Duff Goldman.

Contact Moddy Blaze moddy.blaze@blogtv.ca should you have any questions.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive