about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, January 3

The Party Line Goes On and On


You'd think a GLBT publication like the Windy City Times would care to show its subjects in the best possible light, but when I saw this article on "Party Line" hosts Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh I was a little surprised:



BLECH! Where was this taken? The inside of some walk-in refrigerator? Please-- next time just borrow the airbrushed, professional, done-up pics available from FoodNetwork.com.


There! Nice and simple.

ANYhow
... the article does illuminate a big more on what's going on in the professional and personal lives of the first winners of The Next Food Network Star.

Big news is that they're moving into their third season of "Party Line..." on the FN. The show that, like several others, is so easy not to watch. Sorry Dan and Steve! I don't know what it is... maybe I'm just not at that Michael Chiarello stage in my life yet (but does that mean I'm at my Ina Garten stage? Yikes).

They are also working on a cookbook, Talk with your Mouth Full, that is due out this year.

“There’s a big hoers d’oeuvres section as well as areas devoted to dinners ( sides, entrees and desserts ) and a big section about drinks,” Smith said. Added McDonagh, “There will also be tons of tips, like how to set up a buffet and how much ice to buy, for example.”
There will also “be a lot of stories,” said McDonagh. “We don’t want it to be like a Martha [ Stewart ] cookbook. We want it to be something funny that you’re enjoying as well as using.”

I also didn't know the Hearty Boys have restaurants in Chicago! Where have I been? Check out
their Web site and let me know if you find out any more information on this elusive duo.

I am struggling today. After feeling perfectly well and dandy the fast few weeks, I have another horrible cold. I guess I should be happy I wasn't sick over the holidays, but it's not the best way to get back into the swing of things.

Hope everyone's enjoying their time back at work. I know I ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!





Right.

Labels: ,

 

5 Comments:

At 1/05/2007 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have some good recipes though.

 
At 1/11/2007 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i voted a million times for these guys and i NEVER see their show on the air...i want them to put it at a normal "in the kitchen" time so i can watch it! i think they are so cute. i love chiarello AND ina tho so maybe that's why...

 
At 3/12/2007 3:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're wrong these guys do have a final bid of $950.00 for their auction.

I saw this picture you posted earlier, I asked about it. Chicago's smaller than you think.

While you were feeling miserable with a cold, Steve and Dan were skiing in Maine. That's a wind burn he's sporting, he could care less about the photo.
Apparently, he had a great time and the burn was worth every minute.

I hope you're feeling better, excess bile is a pisser.

 
At 3/12/2007 3:55 PM , Blogger jacob said...

I wrote this post back on Jan. 3, as is evident above the title and from my references to "the holidays." When I wrote the other one they had not received any bids, yet.

I spoke with Steve while in Miami and he was very congenial. He thanked me for posting about their auction item.

As far as the photo comment goes, it was a joke.

 
At 3/14/2007 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joke over, get rid of it, and change your comments to reflect that they did get a bid.

Isn't that what journalism is all about? Accuracy.

You're better than that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive