about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Friday, February 9



I hadn't seen this story out of the Vicksburg Post (guess my subscription to it ran out... or never existed) until today, but it's pretty entertaining. 28-year-old Vicksburg, Miss.-native Katy Tillman Davis got to meet Bobby Deen twice in two weeks:

“It was probably because I was wearing this shirt that was black and had fuchsia rhinestones on it that spelled, ‘future MRS. BOBBY DEEN,'” she said.

Bobby doesn't look like he's having anything to do with Ms. Tillman in that photo, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

[Bobby] was great! He told me I was beautiful, emphasized the fact that he was single, asked me a few questions and we went on with the show,” she said.

Okay, that's fine and dandy. Nice TV moment. But it was this quote that really shook me:

“My mom sent a letter telling them she'd lost 30 pounds watching Paula's show everyday while she exercises. She went on to say she never misses a show. She told them that we are best friends and talk every day and every conversation includes a Paula recipe or show,” Davis said.

The FACT that ANY THING associated with PAULA DEEN'S show could cause WEIGHT LOSS is astounding.

I am baffled. After I read the first few words of the sentence I had to sit down and just eat a stick of butter to regain my composure.

Then, I saw the phrase "while she exercises." Okay, interesting choice. I have to give "mad props" as they say in--someplace--to anyone who can watch an ep. of Paula, simultaneously exercise, and not want to eat immediately afterward. Brava, Katy's mother... Brava.

It's just such an interesting choice of program to watch while trying to lose weight. I'd suggest maybe tuning in to CNN... or the Weather Channel... maybe even CSPAN just to be safe.

But, heck, maybe it's just the thing for Paula to turn to. Dramatic career changes are always exciting.

Maybe we can count on this to be Paula's next show:



:-) I crack myself up, and that's all that matters, right?

Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

 

6 Comments:

At 2/09/2007 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Bobby will not be "single" much longer.

Darn!

Oh well...he wouldn't go for a gal like me anyway...I'm a spunky Northerner!!!! I don't abide by the "helpless Southern Belle" crap.

 
At 2/10/2007 12:53 AM , Blogger Luna said...

Ha! You cracked me up too!

 
At 2/10/2007 2:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacob, you cracked me up, too, with the comment about having to now eat a stick of butter. (And with the Paula/Bobby photo and comments.

Harry<-- who just whipped up sausage gravy for breakfast tomorrow.

 
At 2/11/2007 9:34 PM , Blogger jacob said...

haha... glad you guys are enjoying it! hope you liked your gravy, harry.

 
At 2/12/2007 12:05 PM , Blogger Tom N said...

I don't have cable at home and can only watch the Food Network at the gym while I'm on the crosstrainer. So I can say it is possible to watch Paula and not want to run out and eat afterward!

 
At 2/12/2007 12:13 PM , Blogger jacob said...

wow... my gym doesn't have the personal TVs, but-- you're right-- I probably would watch the FN if I had the chance.

The FN should do a study on viewing habits like that. Maybe millions are working out to Paula!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive