about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, February 19

Monday News

Hello there. Happy Monday off, if you have it. If not, hope you're enjoying a lovely start to your work week.

I received an email letting me know that my Jan. 29 post mis-identified the organizations that benefit from the South Beach Wine & Food Festival Auction.

Money from the auctions goes to the Florida International University's School of Hospitality & Tourism Management Teaching Restaurant and its Southern Wine and Spirits Beverage Management Center.

One item I just saw caught my fancy:



The "Weekend in Chicago with the Hearty Boys" currently has NO BIDS! :-(

I happen to love Chicago, so let me give you a rundown on what's included and hopefully someone will step up to the plate (bidding starts at $500):

- Two nights at the InterContinental (that's close to $500 right there)
- $100 gift certificate for brunch at the Atwood Cafe
- Dinner at Dan & Steve's new supper club "Frill"
- $100 gift certificate for lunch at South Water Kitchen
- Gourmet picnic catered by the Hearty Boys at the Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park

There are still several other items available for bidding until March 9 that have few or no bids.

I should also note that I don't benefit from mentioning this auction in any way. There's just so many great gifts available for food and Food Network lovers.

Labels: ,

 

5 Comments:

At 2/19/2007 4:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe because they are not as popular as the other Food Network Personalities. I find them a bit too hyperactive for my taste.

 
At 2/19/2007 5:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hyperactive!?! What, they are jumping around? Geez, let's turn the hyper camera to Rachael? I think the guys just need to be a bit more "fun" to watch. Their recipes are pretty always do-able. Maybe FN could do a bit more to amp up their show in the ratings (rather than Guy and his hyper-ordinary guy thing ... not to mention tater tot recipes)

Harry

 
At 2/20/2007 8:19 AM , Blogger jacob said...

I know that they aren't the most popular in the FN clique, but the amount you get in return is easily worth $500. Would people start bidding if it was a culinary weekend with Sandra? :-)

I caught a new epsiode of the hearty boys and it was much more enjoyable than the early ones. They have a new set and are more comfortable. Guy's new set is a little too crazy for me.

 
At 2/20/2007 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with "Harry Martin." Rachel is MUCH more hyper. I don't think she understands how to sit still and be quiet.

 
At 3/14/2007 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Boys had $950.00 bid for their auction - it was a closing bid.
They're someone you should have paid more attention too, they're huge in Chicago.

That picture you have was after a skiingtrip in Maine and Steve has a sunburn. Come to Boys Town sometime and you'll see how accessible and really nice these guys are.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive