Monday, February 19
I received an email letting me know that my Jan. 29 post mis-identified the organizations that benefit from the South Beach Wine & Food Festival Auction.
Money from the auctions goes to the Florida International University's School of Hospitality & Tourism Management Teaching Restaurant and its Southern Wine and Spirits Beverage Management Center.
One item I just saw caught my fancy:
The "Weekend in Chicago with the Hearty Boys" currently has NO BIDS! :-(
I happen to love Chicago, so let me give you a rundown on what's included and hopefully someone will step up to the plate (bidding starts at $500):
- Two nights at the InterContinental (that's close to $500 right there)
- $100 gift certificate for brunch at the Atwood Cafe
- Dinner at Dan & Steve's new supper club "Frill"
- $100 gift certificate for lunch at South Water Kitchen
- Gourmet picnic catered by the Hearty Boys at the Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park
There are still several other items available for bidding until March 9 that have few or no bids.
I should also note that I don't benefit from mentioning this auction in any way. There's just so many great gifts available for food and Food Network lovers.