about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, February 12

Rachael Works Late Night

Rachael turned out an appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman last Friday. She actually got to sit down next to Dave! No goofy cooking experiment was needed when Dave had space food to try...





I didn't actually watch the show, but you can see a clip from it on the Late Show Web site. From what I can tell, Rachael didn't jump on the desk and flash Dave (a la Drew Barrymore) or utter the f-word 19 times (a la Madonna).

Dave cracked Rachael up when he replied to her "how does it taste" question with, "Have you ever flown US Air?"

Rachael has this silky dress, big jewelry thing going on right now. I think it works for her. It's only fitting that a big personality would go with big gold:-)

Labels: ,

 

8 Comments:

At 2/12/2007 11:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was actually the point of her being on the show anyway? She wasn't promoting a cookbook, singing "rah-rah" about her show, and she wasn't doing any cooking...

Maybe if she wasn't so shrill and loud, I could tolerate her somewhat. I mean, Paula Deen also has couple of TV shows, books, and a magazine. But she is nowhere near as irritating as Rachel.

Speaking of fashion...someone needs to fire her stylist...the clothes that Rachael wears over emphasizes her huge hips and rear. And when Rachel showed up on Letterman, it was apparent that she was not wearing any support for the "girls."

Rachel needs to get a clue. Or maybe I just need a Midol :)

 
At 2/12/2007 12:57 PM , Blogger Matt said...

In light of the comment above, I've gotta stick up for The Rach. I thought she did well during her chat with Dave, and it was nice to hear her take on the First Lady's visit to her show and the meals she created for the astronauts (both points are notable and actually, it's nice to see someone on a talk show every once in awhile who isn't specifically promoting a product, film, or TV show).

 
At 2/12/2007 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry but Paula Deen irritates me more. Paula's Party has got to go.

 
At 2/12/2007 2:24 PM , Blogger NotMoira said...

I do like the dress! Not so much the bling, though.

 
At 2/12/2007 2:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least Paula doesn't shout constantly. We are not deaf, Rachel!

 
At 2/12/2007 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

After watching "Paula's Party" this past weekend, I can say that she does have a tendency to do this way fake laugh at *anything* ... I think she thinks she has to be Miss Laughs a Minute on the "Party" show. ... I do have to agree with the other poster -- the dresses Rachael sports on the talk show and here do make her look extra hippy.

But since we are dishing the gals so much, I did see Tyler on the chocolate special, and he's put on many a pound, and now has a pudgy face. Also, did anyone notice that they used vintage Rachael for her segment -- hair was short, no highlights, and she was Miss Xanax compared to how she is nowadays.

Harry

 
At 2/12/2007 3:23 PM , Blogger jacob said...

anon1: yeah, take that Midol:-)

matt: i totally agree. and i think your post is great (i didn't realize you scooped me!)

other anons: I wish I had pics from that Holiday special where both Rachael and Paula cooked together. That would be double-torture for you both! :-)

Harry: yeah, i love paula, but the laughs are sometimes a little non-stop. i suppose it's better than a scared, somber, afraid-to-leave-the-house paula. and, yes, tyler is great at any weight:-)

 
At 2/13/2007 2:25 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I actually like the dress, I think it's real cute.

I'd take Rachael anyday over Giada, for sure. And Paula Deen too, but I think Paula is kinda growing on me!! Ya'll!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive