about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, March 20

Get In Touch with Aunt Sandy

Sandra Lee's Chefography is on tonight, but luckily TV Guide provides us with some tidbits before it airs. Among them, Sandra "loves the guy on Ace of Cakes"!!!!!


Sandra also likes Iron Chef, but wouldn't give out any opinions on any other fellow Food Network stars. Oh well.

In the interview, Sandra talks about her tumultuous childhood, her start in the food and craft business and what keeps her going today.

As easy as it is for people to make fun of Sandra Lee, I think this interview and TV special will be good for her and perhaps show another side of Aunt Sandy-- the side that doesn't mix Kahlua and Jack in her cheerios for fun.

I don't know if I'll be making it to see Robin Miller tonight at Sur La Table. I don't plan on shelling out the 18 bucks for her cookbook and I think a dinner out and concert sounds more exciting. Sorry Robin! Catch ya on the flip side.

Labels: ,

 

7 Comments:

At 3/21/2007 12:43 AM , Blogger amanda said...

i think you made a good choice by not seeing robin miller. you can add her to your roster of seen in person later. we have to find out if she has staying power first...which as of now i'm no too sure about. what concert did you see?

 
At 3/21/2007 8:38 AM , Blogger jacob said...

we went to busboys and poets for dinner and ate way too much (always great before seeing live music) and then saw Oh No! Oh My! and Mew (who is from Denmark... that's the same as Scotland, right?). It was really good.

 
At 3/21/2007 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Sandra Lee but I don't like her recipes or her tablescapes. She should forget the 'scapes and use that time for using less seasoning packets and processed foods. And on a shallow note I think she is attractive.

 
At 3/21/2007 10:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the episode the other night. Regardless of what you think of her food or tablescapes, you have to give Miss Sandy some credit. She went through a very tumultuous childhood/teen years and made the best of what she had. Now we really have an understanding of why she is who she is.

 
At 3/21/2007 2:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of Sandra Lee, but I really enjoyed her Chefography. Unlike Rachael Ray, Sandra Lee really had to work to get where she is today. And, now that she's successful, she is giving back to those who are less fortunate. She also seems like a genuine person who loves her family and is surrounded by true friends.

Rachael Ray, however, loves to talk about all the jobs she was given for which she was completely unqualified and tries to hide behind this sham of "I'm not a chef - I don't even know how I got here!" Humility goes a long way and Rachael Ray doesn't have a drop of it.

 
At 3/21/2007 7:50 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm definitely a Rachael fan but wasn't quite a Sandy fan before. I do like her shortcuts but I thought a lot of the processed stuff was icky. however, after watching her chefography I definitely have a LOT more respect for her.

 
At 3/22/2007 6:46 PM , Blogger jacob said...

anon1: Yeah... I think people would like to see Sandy do some real cooking, just for a change. She is trained so she oculd at least show people she KNOWS how.

anon2: Having had a pretty good childhood, I'm not in a position to say much of anything about people who've had bad ones. glad you got some added background on her.

anon3: true. hadn't thought of that.

jennifer: yeah, shortcuts are fine by me. not everyday, but come on. i don't plan on ever making my own pasta sauce.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive