about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Sunday, March 11

One more thing...

UPDATE: Perhaps this post should have been titled "Two more things...". Hmm... it was late.

Good Sunday evening! Did you have a fun weekend? Sorry for no Friday post, but I just wasn't feeling any inspiration. It had been a very long week.

Anyhow, just two more things related to the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival that I forgot to mention:

1. Alton Brown is great to his fans.





Any chance he could get, Alton would be taking photos and signing autographs. I joke here about the "man crushes," but I really think Alton was one of the few chefs that the male attendees were dying to get a photo with. I just didn't see the same kind of adoration for, say, Bob Flaymaster.

I wanted to say hi to Alton at the Food Network Awards afterparty, but he was swamped. Ace of Cakes star (and my pal) Mary Alice and her husband are super Alton fans, but I didn't want to walk up and say, "Hi Alton, you know on the show 'Ace of Cakes' there's that Mary Alice? Well, she likes you. Oh, and so does her husband. And you're not too bad by me, either."

I think I was just too freaked after my rambling episode with Dave earlier (luckily his head nod to me at the party was enough and I didn't want to spoil it with some attempt at conversation).

2. My Flickr Page of Festival Photos

I want to invite you all to check out all my photos from the festival at my Flickr Page. They haven't been Photoshopped or anything, so forgive me for the bad quality.

There's lots more of Giada, Michael Chiarello, Paula Deen, Ina Garten (I wish; she wasn't there), Tyler Florence, and more. Check 'em out!

Okay, this time change is wearing me down. I gotta hit the hay!

Labels: , , , ,

 

4 Comments:

At 3/11/2007 11:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to second that notion and say that I met Alton Brown today at the Housewares show in Chicago and he is as funny in person as he is on the show. He's very interested in chatting with his fans and was handing out free Shun knives (!) and signing the boxes. It was a great experience.

 
At 3/12/2007 1:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL on the man crushes.

Harry

 
At 3/12/2007 8:53 AM , Blogger jacob said...

anon: Congrats on the free knives and getting to chat with Alton! You should check this event out today:

Chicago Cultural Center
78 E. Washington St.

A culinary benefit features cocktails and global fare from top local and national chefs, including Gale Gand (Tru), Paul Kahan (Blackbird) and Food Network hosts Cat Cora, Paula Deen, Giada DeLaurentis and Tyler Florence. Other highlights: a Chinese dragon dance, flamenco dancers, henna tattoos, a Japanese tea ceremony and more.

Mar. 12: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.

Or anyone in Chicago! Send me pics!


hm: yeah, i can't remember who coined that phrase. maybe it was mary alice. i think it describes it well, though.

 
At 10/29/2007 8:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alton is absolutely the most wonderful TV personality on the planet in my eyes. I met him in Cincinnati earlier this year, he stood there while literally a slew of people waited to talk to him and have him sign things. I was lucky enough to be in the first dozen or so to get to meet him. I could barely talk, and when I said that I was nervous meeting him he said "I"m the same as I am on TV, except less well groomed".

That tells you alot about the man when he would take that second to put a fan at ease. His personality, wit, and intelligence are much more apparent when you see him in person. If you have a chance, do it. We drove 2 hours to meet the man, and I"m so glad I did!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive