about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Sunday, June 17

YouTube Sunday and Others

I'm outta town until early tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I'll get to watch the Next Food Network Star tonight or not.

Rachael didn't win the Daytime Emmy for Best Talk Show or Best Talk Show host, but she's still on top of the (read: Oprah's) world.

Check out this YouTube video called Rachael Ray Does Mexican.

Now don't go gettin' all excited; it's not an "adult video" of Ms. Ray meeting someone on the kitchen staff, but another Rachael impersonator.

(embedding for this video was turned off, and I'm on a Mac right now, so getting at least a picture was severely compromised. Ever heard of a right-click, Mac? I don't know your shortcuts. Sorry.)

This video is funny to me because the girl isn't trying to do anything that crazy or obnoxious, yet at the same time I wonder why she spent the time making it. Is it an acting class project or something?

I think the waitress was exceptional as the "slightly-indifferent-server-with-lots-of-food-information" that's standard on $40 dollars a day. Bravo to you. If there were a Daytime Emmy category for a part like that, she'd surely get it.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'll try to get to posting soon after I return.

Labels:

 

8 Comments:

At 6/17/2007 6:40 PM , Blogger Emily said...

That spoof was pretty amusing. Usually stuff like that is pretty lame. It looks like they put some time into it.

 
At 6/17/2007 9:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry--it was stupid! I didn't see one moment that even reminded me of Rachael. I am not trying to be mean--just honest. It was not worth watching.

 
At 6/18/2007 11:09 AM , Blogger Marc P. said...

Anonymous..are you serious. The impression was spot-on.

 
At 6/18/2007 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I dare be the spoiler? The next run of the episode will be 6/21, IIRC, at 9 p.m. EDT. (Okay,
I dood it. Tommy and Colombe are out.)

I am concerned with the tactics some of the contestants have been using to get one up on the others. It's almost as if someone wanted Tommy to lose from week one, re: the chicken stock in the polenta incident. Rory was certainly loaded for something at the basketball challenge on the 17th. (I haven't seen Giada wear necklines like that, let alone Carissa Seward, the 4th place finisher in year 2.) Guy Fieri was the third judge, joining Susie and Bob this time around. I thought he did a fine job, with well-measured criticism and praise. (I still miss Marc Summers. It's nice to have human contact, especially when you're a loser in this contest.)

 
At 6/18/2007 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff-- Sounds like I should have watched the full version, not the ff on my dvr version. Guess I wasn't too surprised to see Space Cadet and Tony Soprano the Second get the boot, although I'll admit Paul (whom I like, for the most part) was awfully mean spirited in his remark last week when Colombe was letting the butter burn. Combine that with the chicken stock incident and he reminds me of the way Steve treats Dan on Party Line.

Cute YouTube video, enjoy your trip.

 
At 6/18/2007 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, I'm convinced that deep down, Tommy'd had enough, and missed his family so much that he was ready to go home. I think the judges sensed this, and that influenced their decision to cut him. Look at his reaction when they announce the verdict, he looks relieved, and happy to be returning home. I didn't feel bad for him, I think it'a what he wanted.

Colombe had it coming to her.

 
At 6/18/2007 10:35 PM , Blogger Goliano said...

MadTV's Rachael Ray skit kills this one. It boggles the mind as to why it's not been linked here.

 
At 6/20/2007 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...the way Steve treats Dan on 'Party Line?'" They're gay. They bicker like married people. Besides, it's all in fun. I think they're more like the Rowan and Martin of Food Network. Alas, they haven't made a new episode lately. Hope their business didn't suffer while they were taping. Tommy made it obvious to the panel that he didn't like being away from his family. And,
for a yoga instructor, Colombe seems too pushy. I thought the object of yoga was to let aggravation melt away by meditating...not rubbing salt into a figurative wound.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive