about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Sunday, July 15

After Tonight's TNFNS

Make sure to tune in after tonight's super-new (I hate this new phrase that E! coined) episode of The Next Food Network Star to see Duff, Mary Alice and Geof judge the Extreme Cakes episode of Challenge!


I normally think "Challenge" is pretty dull, but with the Charm City Cakes crew on board this episode may be worth a watch.

***********************************

Can I have a Sunday Sidebar? I know this blog is about Food Network, but something odd happened yesterday.

I was getting my haircut and this old lady sat down in the chair next to me and said, "You have a very interesting hairline. It reminds me of my father's."

Keep in mind, this woman was about 92 years old so I can only imagine how old daddy must be.

"His went back on the sides like that, too. He'd always say, 'let me have some of your hair!'"

Ummm... thanks for reminding me of my hairline's penchant for receding.

"Are you in the Army?"

No. I just want it short.

"Oh, that's good."

Ugh. What a weekend:-/

Labels: , ,

 

6 Comments:

At 7/16/2007 1:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's 92, give her a break.

 
At 7/16/2007 1:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This evenings episode sucked. How can they keep Jag and Horse-Mouth and dump Amy? Is this show staged or are these contestants the unwilling victims of racial profiling?
Do they need more latino presence on FN and as a result thay'll put any frumpy fool on the air to satisfy their quota? I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when they made the decided to dump Amy for Jag.
Well, since it turns out that the kid has no credibility whatsoever, Amy is back in the mix.

 
At 7/16/2007 3:06 AM , Blogger Mark said...

After watching episode, I wanna say 'I want Paul back!'

 
At 7/16/2007 3:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hubby & I were just talking about elderly folks today. Seems like you're more apt to say whatever is on your mind when you reach a certain age (and rightfully so) -- but more importantly, it's usually brutally honest. "Out of the mouth's of babes" aint for the babes anymore.
;)
Anyhoo, I watched RR today. Quite frankly other than the neon colors, it just still looks the same to me (or at least similar). If you're busy checking out the cabinets and color of the tile then the show must not be worth watching. But on the other hand, if you're going to have a set update change it all together, layout included.

 
At 7/16/2007 8:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really wanted to like TNFNS since I had never watched the previous years. A real disappointment. The celebrity judges were poorly scripted and the whole thing was just so staged and so lame. Now I will reluctantly vote for the lesser of two losers.

 
At 7/20/2007 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the encore of "Extreme Cakes" on 7/18. It was delightful.
To see Duff, Mary Alice and Geof looking over the proceedings was a hoot, and I was a little surprised to see and hear Mary Alice's reaction to some of the pyrotechnics of the assembled contestants/chefs. (She should be used to that by now...did Duff build the cannon cake he demonstrated on "Sugar Rush" on site or somewhere else? And I'm sure he built a duplicate to test it out before unveiling the finished product.) And Elisa's sock monkey cake rocks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive