about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Sunday, July 22

Is Rory Setting Herself Up for 2nd Place...Again?

Well, tonight's the big night. If you've been watching, you surely noticed the exciting countdown clock to tonight's finale in your TV's upper-right corner. Hmm... somehow 11 hours of countdown isn't all that endorphin-raising.

It's down to Rory and Amy. One has to win it all, "the biggest prize in television" (6-episode deal and a car) and the other walks away with nothing.

And it turns out Rory already has some experience doing just that.



Food Network Addict-reader Janine sent me some info about Rory's recent appearance on the CMT reality show "Popularity Contest" care of Route 66 News:

Last spring, you may have watched a reality show on CMT called “Popularity Contest.” In it, 10 contestants from the big city were plopped down in the Route 66 town of Vega, Texas, to win over residents and vie for a $100,000 prize they would split with one Vega citizen.

The New Jersey chef and restaurateur, Rory Schepisi, finished second and didn’t win anything.
Poor Rory! Coming in 2nd place on two reality shows would definitely hurt one's ego. Rory seems to have done all right, though, and still went on to open her restaurant in Vega, Texas.

Perhaps coming in 2nd place is just what Rory hopes for.

We shall seeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Labels: ,

 

13 Comments:

At 7/22/2007 5:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. Let's look at the not-so-consistently-great luck of Camilla Salsbury, who won the '05 National Chicken Cooking Contest and the $100K prize and range to go with it. When she was tagged to compete in a seafood competition later on "Food Network Challenge," she lost, and walked away with nothing. Maybe Rory will have the exact reverse of Camilla's luck.

 
At 7/22/2007 6:33 PM , Blogger Stef said...

Rory has seemed to be a bit too eager and practiced of a reality "star" - so hearing this news made total sense. I'm on Team Amy!

New to the blog, but I'm a fellow addict -- I'll be back!

 
At 7/22/2007 8:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Demand - Food Network offers a 9 minute video bio on Rory but NOTHING On Amy. Ah the fix is in folks...although I hope not. After finding out about Rory's wealthy, reality show contestant past I am pulling for Amy. *sigh*

I ahev really lost respect for TFN either way tough.
~sbp

 
At 7/22/2007 8:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... let me get this straight, the two chosen finalists were a scammer and a professional reality show contestant? That says alot about the credibility the Food Network.

 
At 7/22/2007 10:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there you have it. Amy is our new Food Network Star! Wa. Hoo.

 
At 7/22/2007 11:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice that Amy's Husband was not in her hometown clip nor was he in the audience tonight? Amy never mentioned him but Rory's boyfriend was all over the TV. Amy did seem a little subdued when she won AND she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. Hope they are O.K.

 
At 7/22/2007 11:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rory's chiclet teeth are distracting everyone. Thank god they didn't pick her. No amount of cleavage can distract one from that awful mouth!

 
At 7/22/2007 11:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't be able to watch Amy's snarling snaggle-toothed mouth on TFN. I find her terribly annoying, and yes, pretentious. IMO, ALL the contestants sucked, and I wouldn't watch any of them! There are so many better food & cooking shows on other networks, I definitely won't be tuning into TFN (except for an occasional Good Eats) much anymore.

 
At 7/23/2007 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emeril has an even worse mouth.
I think with practice, Amy will
be fine. What was the vote tally?
I have not been able to find this
anywhere. Was it 51%-49% or was
it 70-30? FoodTV isn't saying.
I think they're still embarrassed
how the finals panned out. Yeah,
they don't put on as polished of
a show as the other reality TV
crud, but that's sort of why I like
it. And it's sort of why I like
Amy over Rory too. Anyone going out
for more than one reality show in
a lifetime really has to ask
themselves WTF they're doing
with themselves. I'm glad she's
got a restaurant and I hope the
locals support it for a long time.

 
At 7/23/2007 1:56 PM , Blogger Prisca said...

I liked Amy and thought she was more real than Rory, but I have to admit I liked Rory's food better. I did feel for Rory after the big announcement. You do have to wonder about coming in 2nd twice.

I'm just wondering why it took me (and apprently everyone else) so long to know that Rory was already in the CMT show. I think it was 'Popularity Contest.' She actually moved to the town that she was competing in (Vega, TX). I'm not sure if it means no one watches CMT or TFN!

I also wondered where Amy's family was when she won... it seemed strange. But then again we keep finding out there are lots o'scerets at TFN about their stars' personal lives. ;)

 
At 7/24/2007 10:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry Rory will be just fine.

 
At 7/24/2007 3:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to wonder if Rory won the cook off against Jagged in the real last episode and that is why she was so disheartened.

 
At 7/24/2007 9:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This contest was such a farce. There were sooo many flaws and problems throughout series - I'm just glad it's finally over.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive