about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, October 24

Duff's Gorgeous Eyes

Ace of Cakes' Duff Goldman recently blew up Chicago.

Well, he didn't really blow up Chicago per se. It was its friendly suburb to the northwest, Rockford. And it wasn't so much the city as a few cakes. Anyhow, let's get the story from someone who actually went... Food Network Addict reader Wendy:

I met Duff! He was in Rockford, Il. (I am from Chicago) at the Discovery Center Museum. He gave a demonstration in the afternoon (tickets sold out before I got some - crap!). After that, he was outside the Discovery Center launching cake (he put liquid nitrogen & water in a plastic garbage can, put the lid on & the cake on top) & using a cupcake slingshot.









It was very entertaining & I got some decent pictures. After that, everyone went inside for the chance to meet Duff. My daughter & I stood in line for about an hour & a half, but finally got to meet him. We were toward the end of the line & they were running short on time, so everyone was kind of being rushed through. Duff was sitting at a table signing autographs & people could sit next to him & get pictures taken. When it was our turn, I brought my daughter (she is 2 & 1/2) next to Duff. She was a bit overwhelmed with all of the people looking at her. Duff was very gracious & sweet. He smiled for a couple of pictures with us.



Since it was so rushed, we didn't get to talk to him much, so that was kind of a bummer. But, there were a lot of people waiting & he had less than 10 minutes before he needed to leave. I didn't want to get all fan-girly on him - but - my God - he is even more gorgeous in person - he has the most beautiful eyes! It was a fun time & a thrill to meet him!

I'm pretty sure Duff is still coupled, so watch out Wendy! But good for you for lovin' those eyes:-)

Thanks for sending the story and pics in!

Labels: ,

 

9 Comments:

At 10/24/2007 2:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! That's my wife and kid!
Now I know where she was all day... and why she came back with a goofy grin.
Note to self shave beard to goatee.
BUB

 
At 10/24/2007 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - Don't believe him - he is the one that took the picture of us.

Well done Jacob! I love it!

:-)
Wendy

 
At 10/24/2007 5:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo I get home today and take the kids (Chloe & Christopher... Chloe is the cute blonde one in the picture) for a little wagon ride outside before it is a winter wonderland. Anywhoo I get the sweaters off the kids and Wendy is AGAIN looking at this picture! Not a big deal, I might reap some bennies off this... until Wendy says Chloe who is that in the picture?
And I quote "Chloe, Mommy, Daddy"
Uhhh Duff, do we need to talk?
I mean I kinda look like you and we are both really funny but uhh taking over my family!
I guess we could work out a deal cause I kinda have a little thing for Mary Alice, I know she's married and all but well so is my wife so it's all good right?
Lot's of love... but not TOO much love ya know. :)
BUB

 
At 10/24/2007 6:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was pretty damn funny....

;-)
Wendy

 
At 10/24/2007 10:48 PM , Blogger Benjamin said...

Speaking of Duff and CCC, I had a thought watching last night's repeat episode: Why don't they ever wrap these expensive, work-intensive cakes in some kind of box or protective gear before delivery? Kudos if they're being environmentally friendly, but aren't they asking for trouble? (And isn't it also a tad unhygienic?)

 
At 10/25/2007 3:48 PM , Blogger Lester Hunt said...

Aaaww .. that is so adorable! Thanks. Tho' I never in a zillion years would have thought of Duff as "gorgeous." Well, hetero male, what do I know?

 
At 10/26/2007 12:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, am I the only one who wants WENDY?! Bub, you lucky, lucky man.

 
At 10/26/2007 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Bub, he is lying that he is as good looking as Duff. I would send a picture but it would have to be censored. Seriously Bub, deal, go post on the Racheal Ray page and maybe your kids will start calling her mommy. BTW, love Ace of Cakes and I am with you on the Mary Alice thing Bub. Lots of luck in your marriage.

 
At 10/27/2007 2:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe...*blush*.... Thanks, Push

;-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive