about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, October 30

Yikes! No love for Aceofcakestv.com

Oh no! Web Pages that Suck, a website that...well...uncovers websites that suck, has slammed Ace of Cakes' site, www.aceofcakestv.com:


Daily Sucker for Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Submitter's comments: I just visited aceofcakestv.com, Duff’s web site from the tv show "Ace Of Cakes" on the Food Network. WOW, what at great example of Mystery Meat Navigation — and abuse of Flash.

Vincent's comments: My wife is hooked on all these cooking shows, especially the competition ones like "Top Chef." Since we're opposites, I don't like them and that's funny because I...uh...really like to eat.

Of all the cooking/food shows on, the absolute worst one is Ace of Cakes (with the ranting and raving of "Iron Chef" a close second) and so it's only logical that their site would suck. As far as Mystery Meat — I mean, "Mystery Cake Navigation" goes, this site has one of the worst examples around. When you get to the last frame, you can still click on "Next," but it's dead.

Like many Flash sites, there isn't anything here that wouldn't work better in HTML.


Awww... I think the site is fun, but I have to agree that the Flash is a little overwhelming--especially since there's no HTML-only option.

What do you think?

Labels:

 

4 Comments:

At 10/30/2007 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think aceofcakestv is unusual, interesting & fun. Sure, the site is a little flash happy, but so what? I think it's cool.....
:-)

 
At 10/30/2007 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I have to agree with the criticisms. The site is irritating and frustrating. I didn't last more than five minutes before I wanted to throw my computer out the window. And the Flash is overwhelming.

I love Duff and the Charm City Cakes crew, and I love the show, but the webiste, not so much.

 
At 10/31/2007 12:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are pretty much making it damn near impossible for a person with any kind of visual impairment to visit their site and navagate around due to all of the flash! A person using any kind of adaptive technology can't ever experience the site which blows should they want to do so! As a designer of web sites and a person who runs a business working with people with disabilities, it is rather--uh--well--offensive and discriminatory even though I am aware that the CCC team is not responsible for the aceofcakes site. Ok so that was rather techy but you asked for our opinion so... *smiles*

 
At 10/31/2007 3:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave up on the danged website in 25 seconds.

Why should I wait around for some shit somebody wants to show off, when what I really want is some content.

Always sad to see this problem, not unique to AoC.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive