about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, November 13

Are you ready for a throwdown, Nashville?

I just saw this post on Nashville Scene's blog Bites:

Filmed Before a Loveless Studio Audience

Posted by Carrington Fox (11.13.07, 9:47 AM)

When the Food Network descends on Nashville next week to film the inaugural episode of Singin' in the Kitchen —a show that blends food and music—you can get your mug on TV. Just line up at the Loveless Cafe at 1:30 p.m. (taping starts at 2:30) on Monday, Nov. 19...

Just line up at the Loveless Cafe at 1:30 p.m. (taping starts at 2:30) on Monday, Nov. 19, to be part of the studio audience when country newcomer Luke Bryan and “Biscuit Lady” Carol Fay talk about biscuits and jam. (They will talk about bread and jelly—not talk about biscuits, then start jammin'.)

The first 100 folks get a free fried-chicken picnic afterward. For more information, call Dixie Owen at Capitol Records at 269-2087.


Ummm... Singin' in the Kitchen? This title sounds very similar to the fake shows people on Throwdown think they're appearing on... before Bobby F. shows up.

Anyone know for sure?

Labels: , ,

 

10 Comments:

At 11/13/2007 4:37 PM , Blogger Mr Toad fan said...

Yawn...

Why don't they move some of these shows out WEST?!?!! Don't we get enough "southern" goodness with Paula Deen on twice a week!

Come FTV, wake up, the West coast is calling!!

 
At 11/13/2007 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think this might be legit. I heard something on the Nashville news about an event at the Loveless Cafe and I'll bet that's what it was. I'll see if I can find out more about it.

 
At 11/13/2007 9:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another aspiring chef has their hopes and dreams of their own show shattered and stomped to the ground by the El Diablo of Food Network, Bobby Flay!

And sheesh, Flay's only going to lose...he ALWAYS loses! Then he goes back to New York, leaving his opponent with nothing but dashed hopes and bitter tears. I tell ya, the guy's the devil incarnate! ;-]

 
At 11/13/2007 11:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a 99% chance it will be a Throwdown. Come on, they have the "biscuit" lady. That's perfect fodder for a Bobby Flay Biscuit Throwdown.

Granted, FN still airs Michael Chiarello (please don't hate me, J.), I don't think that Singin' in the Kitchen is a worthy title for a FN show.

I'm betting throwdown.

 
At 11/14/2007 8:08 AM , Blogger JordanBaker said...

It has to be a front. Otherwise the network has entirely and irrevocably jumped the shark.

 
At 11/14/2007 9:14 AM , Blogger John said...

Singing and cooking, together on a cooking show? Sweet Jesus, no!!!!!

Instead of thinking up moronic ideas for new "twists" on shows, why not show some cooking shows with cuisines that are still, somehow, verboten on Food Network TV? Some good old fashioned soul food maybe? Foods of China? India? The Middle East? Hell, how about a show that does a different cuisine a week? But not SINGING!

 
At 11/14/2007 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Adam...but I believe it's a 100% possibility.

 
At 11/15/2007 12:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be so awesome if this were simply another episode of Throwdown. The unfortunate thing is, that this is just nutty and scary enough to have been dreamed up by marketing and programming execs that think this will sell! Heres hoping that it is either a trick, or that it never makes it to air! LOL
I do have to say though, that half the fun of watching those is seeing Bobby lose--not because I'm a Flay hater or anything, but because it's just damn hilarious!

 
At 11/18/2007 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got home from breakfast at the Loveless, as I fortunately live 10 minutes away! I hadn't even heard about this taping tomorrow, but quickly knew something was up, as there were cameras and crew everywhere. And yes, the bisquit lady too! She actually was filmed serving us bisquits! They were doing a bunch a pretaping stuff, and tomorrow will do the real thing with the live audience. I honestly didn't get the feel of a Showdown with Bobby, and would say there's a 10% chance based on my conversations with our regular servers. I'm tempted to go down to the taping, but am sure I'll see myself and family on TV because of where we were seated! I'll re-comment and let you all know after i find out for sure tomorrow!

 
At 2/16/2008 11:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with another comment. How come there's no middle eastern cuisine shows? Good ol' lebanese appetizers in 30 minutes. Healthy tasty food. Every commercial sounds like I'm watching anything but a cooking channel. Enough of 30 minute meals. Give me french cuisine, there IS a world out there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive