about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, November 26

IC All Star Holiday Dessert Battle Review Coming

I was traveling last night and wasn't able to catch all of the Iron Chef: All Star Holiday Dessert battle featuring Cat Cora/Paula Deen vs. Robert Irvine/Tyler Florence. I do know who won, but have no idea if it was well-deserved or not. I only got to see a second of Tina Fey, too.

For a review right now, please turn to Jordan Baker. Thanks!

Labels: , , , , ,

 

4 Comments:

At 11/27/2007 1:56 AM , Blogger John said...

The strangest thing was that just before the Chairman did his big reveal I thought out loud, "If the secret ingredient is sugar I am SO turning this off." I left it on anyway.

It was hilarious, though not intentionally so, more in a Mystery Science Theater 3000 kind of way. That overly dramatic music as all the chefs came trudging out? My God, Paula Deen looked like she was ready to kick someone's ass. Especially strange was the comment Ted Allen made about her really being from Massachusetts. You'd have to see it. BTW, love Tina Fey. She rocks.

But I saw my very second Top Chef-Food Network crossover last night with not one but TWO judges from the show: Ted (who is always adorable) and Billy Joel's ex-wife, whatsername again? Katie Lee something? No Padma Lakshmi though.

I think what Paula and IC Cora whipped up was kind of overachieving-on-steroids. The guys? Well, after that Buche de Noel fell apart I didn't think they had a chance. I would have still eaten it.

 
At 11/27/2007 8:16 AM , Blogger JordanBaker said...

The thing I'm most baffled about is still the fact that Mario is listed as one of the Iron Chefs in the opener, even though a) everyone knows he's leaving; b) they did Next Iron Chef ostensibly to replace him; and c) Syman's already been added to the credits.

And I'm also baffled that they let that crapfest air. It was tragically boring, and it made me hate Paula Deen.

 
At 11/28/2007 1:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved it but how can you not appreciate...

Marshmallows for Channukah! Marshmallows arent Kosher... CMON PAULA DEAN!


Oh well...

 
At 11/29/2007 10:12 PM , Blogger jacob said...

john: so much of FN is funny in an MST3K kinda way:-)

jordanbaker: I wonder if they taped it a long time before Symon won, but then added his name into the credits in post production? Hmm...

derek: they don't got kosher marshmallows? dang.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive