about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, November 8

Roseanne to Nigella: You Stole My Nickname!

Roseanne Barr/Arnold/Conner recently talked to the Liverpool Echo, and she didn't have the kindest of words for the recent FN-USA convert (and UK superstar), Nigella Lawson.


“Nigella Lawson has stolen my nickname, the Domestic Goddess. I want to sue her – her husband is very wealthy, but she should still be sued.”



Yikes! I have mad love for my beloved Roseanne and her infamous self-titled series that ran on ABC from 1988-1997 (seriously Nick-at-Nite: I don't need any more Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I'll be good for another 75 years if I never see another episode, since you've evidently decided that Dick Van Dyke and Lucy are no longer valid and cannot be squeezed in between the 4th episode in a row of Will Smith's masterpiece. I'd much prefer Roseanne to Home Improvement, also. Just in case you're reading.)

Roseanne didn't hold back when it came to commenting on other famous Brits:

"Victoria Beckham scares me. She looks like a ghoul - the walking dead. If I ran into her, I might have a heart attack."


I think I'd have to agree with that one, Ro.

Labels: ,

 

13 Comments:

At 11/08/2007 3:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well lets hope roseanne meets Victoria Beckham. Then she will die of heart attack

 
At 11/08/2007 4:16 PM , Blogger Lester Hunt said...

I don't often agree with Roseanne, but she is right about Nigella. My immediate reaction when I first heard her self-chosen nickname was embarrassment at the lack of originality. As to Nick-at-Nite, I still haven't forgiven them for dropping Route 66 twenty years ago!

 
At 11/08/2007 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roseann should just learn to shut her mouth once in awhile. As much as she would like to think, the world does not revolve around her.

 
At 11/08/2007 9:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't Roseanne steal "Domestic Goddess" from someone else? I don't think Roseanne came up with that phrase. Maybe someone should sue her.....

 
At 11/08/2007 9:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roseanne is showing (once again) her ignorance - Nigella was christened the (or a) Domestic Goddess from her cooking show in BRITAIN - many years ago - possibly around the same time Roseanne christened herself the same. Plus, does she even know anything about Nigella? Her first husband died very suddenly and left her and her two small kids almost penniless - she started this cooking thing to support herself, so Roseanne should have a little understanding, her being an "enlightened" woman.

 
At 11/08/2007 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roseanne...that stupid beyotch. She is no more a domestic goddess than Richard Simmons.

Nigella is truly a goddess. In every sense of the word.

 
At 11/09/2007 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know Roseanne was still alive;-)

 
At 11/09/2007 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about Victoria Beckham. Her role on Ugly Betty last night was terrible. I was actually embarassed for her. Oh, and Roseanne created "domestic goddess" like Paris Hilton created "that's hot". Give me a break

 
At 11/09/2007 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about Victoria Beckham. Her role on Ugly Betty last night was terrible. I was actually embarassed for her. Oh, and Roseanne created "domestic goddess" like Paris Hilton created "that's hot". Give me a break

 
At 11/09/2007 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roseanne and Rosie would make a smashing couple... neither can keep their mouths shut.

 
At 11/10/2007 4:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a complete moron. Nigella and Vicki B are a million times better than Roseanne lol noone even utters her name unless she's gone in public mouthing off about other people.

She should just F*** off. She's repulsive!

 
At 11/13/2007 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard others--both famous and not--use the term "domestic goddess" before Roseanne ever touched it.

 
At 2/19/2009 2:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Roseanne ex whore, prostatute, Nigella's father was next in line to being the Prime Minister of England He may have even acted in the post for a while. When you can claim that type of hype maybe you'd earn a title but not Goddess there is only one and it's Nigella. Get a show Rossie ha ha ha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive