about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, November 6

(Yet) Another Season of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives

Well, while you were out at babyGap buying presents for mom-to-be Giada De Laurentiis, TNFNS Season 2 winner Guy Fieri was busy getting picked up for two more seasons of his Food Network show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.


Ehhh... you know, I've caught bits and pieces of a few episodes but don't think I've ever sat through an entire one. There's only so many hash brown, sausage, spaghetti, burger combo plates named something like "horeshoe" or "the boot" that I need to see.

The show -- in which Fieri visits local greasy spoons around the country -- has been a hit for Food with new episodes Mondays at 10 p.m. drawing more than 1 million total viewers, about 20% more than the network’s average in primetime, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Broadcasting & Cable also reveals that his weekend show, Guy's Big Bite, was picked up for another season. I just hope Guy can think of 15 more tater toptot recipes quick!

Labels: ,

 

12 Comments:

At 11/07/2007 12:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, yer lookin' in the wrong place for what's great about this show, and why its a hit in the FN's ratings. Its not that the show is so much about food "you need to see" and stuff, not so much about 100 ways to make pancakes, and burgers or eggs.

What it IS about is showing this great country of ours, the people in it and their everyday life thats set their passionate and entwined feelings alight with their love of making other people happy through simply good food. And you can't beat that story!

Watch it a few times, and feel good!

"There's only so many hash brown, sausage, spaghetti, burger combo plates named something like "horeshoe" or "the boot" that I need to see."

 
At 11/07/2007 6:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like watching the greasy food and BBQ. What gets on my nerves is the millionth time Guy says "Money" or "Off the Hook."

 
At 11/07/2007 8:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's tater TOT, not top, and he's only done one recipe with tater tots. At least he cooks his food and is entertaining. There are quite a few pigeon-holed cooks on FN that can't hold a candle to Guy's food. And he doesn't need a vat of butter or pre-made ingredients for everything he does.

 
At 11/07/2007 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He has some really good recipes. I like Guy. I used to think he was 40 going on 10 but he really grew on me.

 
At 11/07/2007 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh geez, give me a gun!

I cannot stand seeing that guy shove huge fork-fulls of food in his loud mouth. And don't even get me started on his "money" and "off the hook" (trite) catch phrases.

Harry

 
At 11/07/2007 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't deny that's he's gotten really comfortable in front of the camera, and he can talk to pretty much anybody. Those factors make "DD-I&D"* successful. Personally, I could do without the fore-arm band, the bling, and all that, but hey that's just me.


* Hmm, that's just not a convenient acronym, is it?

 
At 11/07/2007 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the episode where he prepared the eggs Danny Thomas style.

 
At 12/01/2007 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he is a total tool. I would watch if someone slapped the crap out of him each week. Now that would be entertaining.

 
At 2/04/2008 10:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really can't stand Guy, loud, annoying, and full of stupid catchphrases. The recipes on Big Bite are interesting, but he just kind of drives me nuts. He's on right now in the other room.

 
At 3/07/2008 10:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy and Paula Deen should remove that bling when cooking.
Bling + Toilet= serious E. Coli.

 
At 4/01/2008 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy is pure entertainment, home cookin' style. I'm always on a diet so I REALLY enjoy seeing other people eat and enjoy all the foods I can't have. D,D,&D is my favorite feel-good show.He's a natural and everyone loves him wherever he goes. I'm a fan!!

 
At 3/09/2009 10:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what the deal-e-o is the draw with morman country, minneapolis, eh, Pittspuke and the Baltimorons on Triple D? Are these the only non-stop flights from Sonoma county?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive