about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, November 20

You're Fired, Part Time FN Proofreader!

Food Network execs, in their excitement over this year's All Star Iron Chef Holiday Battle, must have turned their back on the trusty dictionary when they let this recent promo spot run, telling us to GET FIESTY [sic]!!!!


I love using [sic].

Now I'm not saying I haven't had a few grammartastical errors in my day on this blog, but this is the big time, people! We got people tryin' to learn their English from the Food Network! Or maybe they learn from Days of Our Lives. Either way, the lesson still applies. Somehow. :-)

I'm just glad they caught the 2 S's in "dessert" on this other card:



Phew! I don't think we could handle a holiday desert battle right now.

************************************************************

Are you as excited as I am about flying into Chicago tomorrow night? A city known for its excellent, unsurpassed record of perfect, on time flight schedules?



(If I'm still stuck on the tarmac by Sunday, call the authorities.)


Labels:

 

10 Comments:

At 11/20/2007 9:57 PM , Blogger John said...

That's the funniest mistake I've ever scene!

 
At 11/20/2007 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am exited that you will be in Chicago!
Get comfy though, we are supposed to get a few inches of snow tomorrow evening. So, you may be on the tarmac for a while.
Have a safe trip & a Happy Thanksgiving!

:-)

 
At 11/21/2007 12:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That, is, hilarious!! My God!

Personally, I'm just hoping that I can make it out of Chicago tomorrow before snow starts falling! *Crosses fingers and toes* The joys of travel... *smiles*

 
At 11/21/2007 6:31 AM , Blogger JordanBaker said...

Maybe they mean to celebrate big time? To get fiesta-y? In which case, it's still misspelled. . .so never mind.

 
At 11/21/2007 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw the promo last night - made me giggle.

clutch_fan_74 - good luck getting out of here! The snow is supposed to hit around dinner time. So, if you get out earlier than that, you should be okay.

:-)

 
At 11/21/2007 12:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

[sic]

You're a nerd.

 
At 11/21/2007 1:25 PM , Blogger Wicked Good Dinner said...

Oh, no! I can guarantee you they'll never spell that word wrong again.

 
At 11/21/2007 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anybody catch Paula Deen's Very Fried Thanksgiving last night? It was ugly, man, ugly. I think she's nearing a meltdown. There should be a Betty Ford Center for saturated fat addicts.

 
At 11/23/2007 1:09 PM , Blogger jacob said...

john: i know... surprising.

wendy: thanks wendy! I made it here without a hitch. I must be doomed for when I fly back. hope your thanksgiving was great, too!

clutch fan: hopefully you did make it out. it was just raining like crazy when we were driving.

jordan: haha... probably. fiesta time!

anon: a nerd who likes a good grammatical device, yes. I also enjoy "et al" if you were wondering.

wicked good: i would think not.

anon: i actually missed most of it. it was too much for me. isn't thanksgiving unhealthy enough as it is?

 
At 11/24/2007 11:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that today, am surprised they haven't fixed it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive