about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Sunday, December 9

Ina Gets a Workout

I've never seen Ina deliver the same line...

"No problem! I'm the Barefoot Contessa!"

...faster than she does in these four TV spots she did for Stonewall Kitchen. (Sorry, embedding was turned off... but they are worth a watch.)


Indonesian Ginger Marinade

Coconut Cupcake Mix

Sour Cream Coffee Cake Mix

Outrageous Brownie Mix


I don't gather that filming commercials are something Ina enjoys. I also doubt she walks around referring to herself as "the Barefoot Contessa" all day, either.

And, besides, she is not the Barefoot Contessa. Wasn't that just the name of the store... that she didn't even name in the first place?!?

***

And, to make your Sunday a little bit brighter, another crazy Ina video:

Labels: ,

 

9 Comments:

At 12/09/2007 8:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

she looks the most comfortable in the last one, with the brownie mix. she seems a bit self-conscious of her girth in these spots. i kind of like them, though.

 
At 12/09/2007 11:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree--she is not The Barefoot Contessa--that was the name of her store. How odd. I think she is talking so quickly in these ads that most people won't catch what she is talking about. I have never thought any mix was anything special...will hers be different?

 
At 12/09/2007 11:56 PM , Blogger John said...

What's going on in that strange video? It's like a weird modernist film or something.

 
At 12/10/2007 8:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear for an additional 20 bucks you can get these products in the limited "Ina Guilt" edition. Each box has a sensor, at the appropriate moment it says, "Oh, I see you are not using the really good butter for your family, the kind like you can get a barefootcontessa.com. That's ok, not everybody has to really love their family..."

Actually it is an interesting philosophical question whether Ina is the Barefoot Contessa. As it is, I believe Ina bought the rights to the name from the store in Perpetuity although the name originally did come from that Ava Gardner movie. Also from what I've read, the people who bought out the store from Ina hate her guts because she essentially kicked them out of the store by jacking the lease prices so high, some say as a reaction to other competitors in the area.
It really has become her trademark though and is much more appealing than "semi-homemade"

 
At 12/10/2007 8:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also hear for $500 she will send Jeffrey over to complement your food but you don't get to touch him or anything, that costs more...

 
At 12/10/2007 12:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love Ina. She can do no wrong in my eyes, LOL! Did she get a new set or a new house? Her kitchen looks completely different in the newest episodes of her show.

 
At 12/12/2007 4:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya, checking out your blog. I cringed seeing Ina doing those commercials. I know, I know...still a small part of me died.

 
At 12/12/2007 8:54 AM , Blogger jacob said...

anon: hmmm... i don't get the girth self-consciousness, but I may just overlook those things.

sylvie: I'm always tempted to buy one when I see it at Sur La Table, but I never do. I'm sure it's good.

john: yeah, I'm not really sure, either. I think people are just inspired by Ina to do these crazy things.

greg: haha! love the Ina Guilt. "I see you didn't crack that egg into a separate bowl. That was a BAD egg!" And, yes, Ina prolly pimps Jeffrey out on weekends.

paloma: which episode did you see? i'm dying to see this new barn/kitchen/set thing I've been hearing about!?!

veranda: yeah, it really didn't seem like something she wanted to do.

 
At 12/13/2007 12:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Ina!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive