about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, January 31

A Few of My Favorite Things

I looooove this video for "All My Friends" by the XYZ Affair, currently posted on FN's blog Simon Says.

It features Food Network's own Marc Summers--a gameshow icon after hosting Nickelodeon's Double Dare, What Would You Do?, and others--as well as some well-known (to me, at least) Nickelodeon stars of the past: Danny Cooksey, "Budnick" from Salute Your Shorts; Michael Maronna, "Pete" from The Adventures of Pete & Pete; and Jason Zimbler, Ferguson from Clarissa Explains It All.



If late 80s/early 90s Nickelodeon wasn't a big part of your adolescence, then this video might be meaningless. It's still fun to see Marc Summers, who's apparently been successful in battling his highly public battle with O.C.D., slime a whole room of kids.

Perhaps I wouldn't have been as nervous meeting Marc Summers if he'd have just poured some green slime on me?

Anyhow, this video is making me think of my own former Nickelodeon star wishlist, if I were to ever shoot a rock video. I think I'd go with:

  • "Alastair" from You Can't Do That on Television
  • Crystal Lewis from Roundhouse
  • Christine Taylor from Hey Dude!
  • and anyone from that freaky show Pinwheel

Labels: , ,

 

3 Comments:

At 1/31/2008 5:01 PM , Blogger Marc P. said...

That was amazing. Ferguson changed the most!

 
At 2/01/2008 12:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It warmed many of my cockles--I love it! The Nickelodeon of the late 80s / early 90s was my life!

In addition to your wishlist, I would add

- Ross Hull (the leader of the Are You Afraid of the Dark Midnight Society),
- Jeff from Today's Special, and
- Sharon, Lois, and Bram

If you were to pick a character from Pinwheel, I would hope it would be Ebenezer T. Squint.

 
At 2/01/2008 4:47 PM , Blogger jacob said...

marc: i know! so weird to see him bald and making out with a girl.

chris: i seriously considered Today's Special. Perhaps Muffy the Mouse who lives in the wall?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive