about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, January 28

If you want an autograph from Mario, wait

I love this quote from Mario Batali from today's Washington Square News:

"I'm happy to sign autographs and do all of that, but there are times when I'm just trying to eat breakfast with my kids and the person I ask to wait for an autograph calls me an asshole. I'm not going to go off, though, like some celebrities, and punch a paparazzo or anything."



Mario took some time off to talk to students of the class, "Celebrity: A Cultural and Historical Exploration of Modern Fame" at his restaurant Otto.

And while he may lament the change in the network's new focus on fast & easy, Mario seems to be able to recognize the positive:

"At the end of the day, I'm happy to have anyone cook anything - I'm more against Arby's and McDonald's than people who cut corners and whatever to get dinner on the table."

[Photo via Washington Square News]

Labels: ,

 

5 Comments:

At 1/28/2008 10:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How dare you take down my posts.

Hey Addict, are you another Internet slacker that thinks they can get rich by doing a blog and selling pitiful ad space ?

Get a life. You proably cannot make peanut butter sandwiches without fucking them up.

 
At 1/28/2008 11:02 AM , Blogger jacob said...

Ummmm... I didn't take anything down, nor do I hardly ever.

You're nuts.

 
At 1/28/2008 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually the line is, "You could fuck up a baked potato." David Mamet wrote that line and it appeared in the movie Homicide.

I can't get into Mario. Did you read "Heat?" I thought he came off like a sexist jerk.

 
At 1/29/2008 12:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Mario should do what Steve Martin has done for years...handed people who ask for an autograph a preprinted card featuring his signature and the legend(IIRC)"you have just had an intimate encounter with a celebrity." (Of course, people are probably laughing so hard at this they forget all about asking again.)

 
At 1/29/2008 6:35 PM , Blogger Gags said...

Great post! Mario is one of the few celebrities with class! I enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive