about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, January 7

Ina's "New" Kitchen

It's a new year and a time for change for most of us. We're making (and breaking) new year's resolutions, thinking about how we want this year to be better than the last, and constantly thinking: isn't there anything new I can make for dinner tonight?

That word -- "change" -- is on the lips of every presidential candidate this week, but my Food Network-fave Ina Garten may well be the picture of change.

I'm talking of course about her new barn & kitchen, built directly behind her home in the Hamptons.





Those old white painted wood cabinets, black honed granite and black Formica countertops, black and white linoleum tiles, the Sub Zero refrigerator, the 2 Bosch dishwashers, and 8-burner Viking stove have been replaced with...


...something that looks very similar. Notice the new open cabinet design and new knobs. Marvel at the 2 ovens in the center instead of the end.

I chalk this up to the fact that Ina probably already knew the stuff she had was more than "good"-- it was "really good." So why would she really change anything?

There's some new little room over there on the right...


and behind the island she has...


and what appears to be wood floors.




That's the refrigerator on the left. Another Sub Zero, I presume.

Plus, she has this fancy and bright new walkway that she came out of.


You did all that in one weekend, Ina?!



Oh Jeffrey... are you even surprised? ;-)

***********************************

All in all, not a complete transformation, but I think I like it. I don't want too much change when it comes to Ina Garten.

The food she made during this ep (duck salad, butternut squash risotto, chocolate sorbet) looked especially delicious. Perhaps it was the new setting.

Either way... I wanna visit:



Dang! Maybe next time.

Labels: ,

 

22 Comments:

At 1/07/2008 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, that duck salad looked so good.

You know, I always assumed Ina was some rich woman spending her husband's money, (which was really sexist of me, especially since I'm a feminist). But if you check out her Wikipedia entry you see that she's made her own way, and has been successful in everything she's undertaken--from turning her job as a government clerk into writing position papers on nuclear physics for presidents, to flipping houses, to managing her store,etc.
Of all the people on Food Network, I find her the most impressive. I like her politics, too.
I still haven't gotten used to that laugh of hers, though. It sounds kinda evil. ;)

 
At 1/08/2008 12:28 AM , Blogger George Vreeland Hill said...

Nice site!
I'll bet the food is great!!

George Vreeland Hill

 
At 1/08/2008 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new kitchen is quite similar. But, I definitely wouldn't mind having that kitchen. ;-)

 
At 1/08/2008 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had thought Ina's kitchen in her home was my "dream" kitchen. Now I know the one in her "cooking barn" (as I call it) is actually it!

 
At 1/08/2008 1:07 PM , Blogger Mr Toad fan said...

If she's done with the "old" kitchen, can I have it??

 
At 1/08/2008 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore her jolly and warm cackle. It's fabulous. And the new kitchen suits her just wonderfully. Keep it good Ina!

 
At 1/09/2008 9:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It won't be too long before her(alleged)new neighbor, Rachael Ray, will come by for a cup of EVOO.

Seriously, I have yet to sit and watch an episode of BC since 1/01.

Anyone know where Ina's line of food products is being sold? I live in the Miami, FL area.

 
At 1/09/2008 11:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Aside from Ina's website (barefootcontessa.com), her products can be found in speciality food stores (i.e. Williams-Sonoma, Crate & Barrel) and speciality kitchen stores (Le Gourmey Chef, Kitchen & Co.). Happy shopping, it's well worth it :)

 
At 1/10/2008 8:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. I'll check it out.

 
At 1/10/2008 11:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love! Ina's (old) Kitchen and despite the "minimal" differences, I can't believe she'd change a thing! I'm disappointed! I want the old kitchen back!

 
At 1/18/2008 7:38 PM , Blogger Ben said...

A few weeks ago I emailed the Barefoot Contessa site inquiring about the new "barn". I was pleasantly suprised when I received this response:

Dear Ben,

Thank you for your recent email. Ina was delighted to read that you enjoy her show, and has asked that I respond on her behalf.

Ina filmed all of her recent episodes in her new barn, and she just loves it! You will be sure to see a lot more of it, as these episodes air in the months to come.

Thank you for writing. We hope you continue to enjoy Barefoot Contessa.

Warmest Regards,
Rebecca Stryker
Barefoot Contessa

 
At 1/20/2008 12:38 PM , Blogger jacob said...

that's awesome, ben. i haven't been able to find an e-mail on her website. What is it?

 
At 1/20/2008 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacob, the email address I used is Inagarten@aol.com

Sincerely,
Ben

 
At 1/27/2008 12:17 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

You are quite a sleuth. Thanks for the old vs new comparison. I was confused about the whole thing.

 
At 1/30/2008 2:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the old kitchen and the warm feeling that she was entertaining you in her real home.

Mel

 
At 3/10/2008 3:18 PM , Blogger lradvs said...

Is THAT the "BARN" she was talking about? I honestly was confused...thought they moved or something.....that HOUSE is in her backyard and is being called the BARN??? Really, is that the barn?

 
At 1/25/2009 8:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your site! HELP!!!!! I'm CRAZY about Ina's style and am DESPERATELY trying to find her new bar stools!!!! I even got a virus this weekend when I opened a bad site. If you could help a fellow Food Network Addict it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you,
Melissa Richardson

 
At 1/25/2009 8:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mellisa, go to www.Barefootcontessa.com. Click on the questions icon and then "contact us" at then "contact us" at the bottom of the page. On the center of the contact page there are two numbers for the office. If you get voicemail Sinead will most likely call you back. I've had contact with several folks in the office and they are extremely gracious.

Ben Goodson
Tampa, FL

PS. I met Ina last October and she is just as wonderful in person as she is on television.

 
At 1/26/2009 7:55 PM , Blogger jacob said...

House Beautiful says: "stools from Robert Stilin" Hope that helps!

 
At 2/21/2009 2:14 PM , Blogger Carolina Girl said...

Does anyone know where I can buy shirts similar to Ina's? I love comfortable shirts and, if I could find them, I'd be just like her & wear them every day.

 
At 2/21/2009 2:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carolina Girl, I just happened to have read on her wesite that she has them made.

 
At 11/20/2010 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are her counters soapstone?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive