about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, January 17

Rachael Gets Perezzzzzzzzzzed

The celebricook® extraordinare--Rachael Ray--has reached a level of stardom that most Food Network personalities couldn't even come close to if they tried. Not that they'd want to try, that is.

Gossip blogger Perez Hilton is even taking cracks at our dear Rachael. Guess this means she's really famous, y'all!


Nobody wants to work with her!

There has been a series of defections at Rachael Ray's magazine, Every Day.

Staffers have been leaving en masse, and just within the past week, two high-profile editors have quit, including the executive editor.

The mag will probably fold by the end of the year!
Perez refers tot the recent New York Post article in which both the executive editor & lifestyle editor of her magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, quit their jobs.

While I honestly don't think the magazine will "fold" anytime soon, it does seem kind of fishy. I tend to believe that the rumors of Rachael being a major bitch when the cameras are off are probably just that... rumors.

Then there's this story about Rachael dissing Dunkin' Donuts:
So a friend of mine was on set last week as Rachael Ray filmed her latest Dunkin' Donuts commercial. According to her, Rachael stormed onto the set and snapped at everyone. Not news, I know, everyone knows she's actually a gigantic asshole. BUT! I am also told she took one sip of her Dunkin' Donuts coffee, yelled “What is this shit? Get me MY coffee,” and would not continue until she was given “her” coffee — i.e., Starbucks.
You'd tend to believe this, since it came from a reputable source, New York Magazine's Grub Street. However, it's highly suspect considering the writer said it was emailed by "a friend of Grub Street." Then, it's a friend who was supposedly on the set.

So that's two different "friends" relaying information to yet another party. Is there a Kevin Bacon connection in there, too?

It just doesn't make sense. I know Rachael is a busy lady and probably can get testy, but WHY in the HELL would she say something about the product she is ABOUT TO FILM A COMMERCIAL FOR? That's just stupid. I doubt Emeril's always a bundle of joy when filming commercials for her various products, yet you don't see any snarky posts about him, do you?

******************

Ugh. It's snowing in D.C. I don't know what to eat and I should be going to the gym. Curses!

Labels: ,

 

9 Comments:

At 1/17/2008 7:11 PM , Blogger Marc P. said...

They're not rumors...anyone who has had the misfortune of meeting Retch in person knows first hand that she's a bitch and thinks she's queen bee.

 
At 1/17/2008 8:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

marc, how do you know this? I am just curious.

 
At 1/17/2008 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grub Street admits that this story is a rumor: "If this is true, (emphasis mine) it’s is (sic) the first thing we’ve read that makes us like Rachael Ray." Grub Street is not claiming this story is true--it's the story of a friend of a friend.

Oh, and Perez (and a lot of gossip bloggers I like better than him) just hates Rachael and wants her gone from the face of the earth--that's all.

 
At 1/18/2008 9:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There have been plenty ... plenty accounts of people coming from the set of the Rachael Ray show who have seen her real personality. So even if the Dunkin' story is just a myth, it's made believable because 1. hundreds of studio audience members already know of her attitude and 2. the simple fact that people like to see the mighty falter. Case in point ... Britney.

 
At 1/18/2008 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if any of that is in the least bit true, but from what of her personality we see I seriously doubt that channeling her inner bitch would be a big stretch for her! I hate to say it, but with the stories she tels about herself and how she acts and the whole annoying factor that is--well--her, if I had to think of a word associate with her "bitch" would totally be one of the first to come to mind.

 
At 1/18/2008 12:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there some particular reason why i should care that someone who i will never, ever meet or work with in my entire life is or is not a bitch? and, hell, isn't it kind of bitchy to gossip about other people being bitches?

maybe she's just tired. she took on too much, she's overexposed, etc. she actually strikes me as really competent, and she was probably warm and friendly before she began to live on the rat treadmill of celebrity in America.

i think perez hilton is kind of a scary mentally ill, self-loathing individual. it embarrasses me that he's gay. i'd take "bitchy" RayRay over him as someone I'd want to be around anyday.

70 and clear in L.A. Screw going to the gym.

 
At 1/18/2008 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jacob,

My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. Following up on a recent email invitation to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program, I just want to reiterate that I am very impressed with the quality of your posts. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com

 
At 1/18/2008 1:00 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Honestly, I wish Perez would just disappear. He has no credibility at all. I realize I am a RR fan, but he goes too far. He's annoying and despicable and I'm sure there is someone out there in blogger land who is making fun of him (rightfully so, might I add?).

 
At 1/18/2008 5:52 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

I'm no Rachael Ray fan, but it annoys me that any successful businessWOMAN always get called a bitch.

And anyone who really likes coffee knows that Starbucks is crap.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive