about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, February 20

FN.com Debuts Amateur Gourmet's FN Dish

Food Network debuted something pretty exciting on Monday... a new web-based show featuring food blogger and author Adam Roberts, the Amateur Gourmet.

His show--the FN Dish--takes us behind the scenes at the network to interview our favorite stars, cook with celebrity chefs, and more.



I've actually been in talks with the Food Network since October about this project, so I'm excited to see it finally launch. (That's what my meeting with Bob Tuschman led to.)

I'm also VERY excited to let you know that I'll be interviewed by Adam for the 2nd episode of The FN Dish while we're eating it up in South Beach this weekend! I better start working on my tan. And pecs.

Should be lots of fun, and if it all goes well I'm hoping my involvement with the show can continue on (in some form).

So watch Adam and let me know what you think. I LOVE that you can leave comments on the videos and embed them.

Labels: , ,

 

8 Comments:

At 2/20/2008 3:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, the kid did an alright job in his first stint. I'd tune in to his show to see what is going on.

As long long as Adam doesn't get a big head and think he is the Future Of Food, we should be OK.

Someone tell Guy Fieri to watch for pointers.

Can hardly wait to see what the hell you look like Jake.

 
At 2/20/2008 4:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!
AWESOME!!!
AWESOME!!!
AWESOME!!!
AWESOME!!!
AWESOME!!!
AWESOME!!!

 
At 2/20/2008 5:11 PM , Blogger Prisca said...

Great news. How come you didn't get to co-host the show?

 
At 2/20/2008 5:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The FN Dish seems like a great idea. I hope it continues to be candid, fresh, humorous, and truthful. Congratulations on your involvement. I hope you are able to continue your input. As a long time reader of your fun blog, you are the kind of personality that is needed. Have fun with the interview and at SoBe. Hope to run into you on the beach.

 
At 2/20/2008 6:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like this mini-show will be a welcome addition to the FN website.

And although I'm glad that you may have some future involvement, I'm also torn in the opposite direction. I have enjoyed your website since I first stumbled across it and visit almost daily. My concern is whether or not you'll be able to dish the dirt in the same way. If you have to be kinder to the FN powers that be, I will miss your stories and speculations on Aunt Sandy, Mama Deen and her closeted(?) boy, Retchel, etc.

I'm looking forward to your report from the SOBE Food and Wine Festival especially whether or not little white liar, Robert Irvine, is a no-show and who Bobby Deen walks the red carpet with this year.

Good luck and have fun.

 
At 2/20/2008 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not bad for a first time, I'll continue to watch it. Have fun in SOBE, can't wait to hear about it.

 
At 2/21/2008 6:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great for you -- and LOL on beefing up your pecs in advance. Have fun in Florida. Can't wait to see your reports. Dave Lieberman in board shorts this year, perhaps?

 
At 2/22/2008 5:03 PM , Blogger jacob said...

alec: you're gonna be impressed;-)

gen: THANKS!!!

prisca: ummm... i dunno. i'm not in new york, for one.

johnned: thanks... yeah, it should be fun. have a good time!

anon: my "humor" was actually discussed a lot, and I think the FN (finally) is ready to acknowledge some of the things we all seem to find funny/interesting/etc. time for them to be a little self-deprecating.

jessica: yeah, i think he did a very good job.

harry: i wish, but i don't think he was invited after his performance last year. :-(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive