about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, March 4

Dave Does Today

I'm woebegone over the loss of Dave Lieberman at Food Network, but it's these little video tidbits that keep the hope alive. Here, Dave shows Giada De Laurentiis (and 2 other greedy ladies) how to pick eggs and make an omelet.


Back off girls! Why they gotta throw all of them in there?

You'd think after all the shows he's done he'd be better about the "uhhs" and the nervous sounding voice. Don't get me wrong... I know it's tough to do these segments. Plus, Today typically has a much bigger audience than Food Network's. Dave's got lots of eyeballs on him!

Giada wasn't much better-- "Dave Lieberman is here with ha help us?" What?

They've apparently given up even referring to him as "Food Network's Dave Lieberman," which is odd because I still read articles about "Food Network's Sara Moulton" and she hasn't filmed a new show in years!

Breathe, Dave, breathe!

Labels: ,

 

4 Comments:

At 3/05/2008 7:39 AM , Blogger Kimmer said...

I wonder if they'll start calling her "PBS' Sara Moulton," since she's going to have a new show soon.

 
At 3/05/2008 8:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the problem is, to many women and some men, Dave is so adorable, he could read out of the phonebook and still get applause.

 
At 3/05/2008 8:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Greg: that's a problem?

Seriously, though, I think it's great that he has not completely disappeared yet. I'm not sure, but I think he still has a deal with Macy's and Hellmann's. He's also still filming online shows, according to his website. I liked his show's concept (because I'm cheap and a beginning cook) and his recipes. Although he seems nervous on most Good Deal episodes, he displays much a improved presence and confidence on his online shows. Giada's first episodes hardly displayed her fantastic camera presence, and now she's among Food Network's top stars. I think Dave never got a chance to prove himself to FN, but maybe I'm biased.

 
At 3/11/2008 6:00 PM , Blogger Dennis! said...

I heart Dave. See entry above. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive