about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, April 23

The Amy Sedaris Sidebar

I think I'm going to start a regular feature here on Food Network Addict called "The Amy Sedaris Sidebar," featuring funny Amy Sedaris food-related moments... that is until Amy gets her own show (as I've publicly requested in the past) in which case she will no longer be relegated to a sub-standard sidebar.

In any case, check out this hilarious spot Amy did for Microsoft featuring her bunny, Dusty:



Take out the Microsoft references and this could be the pilot for what could be Food Network's first(?) truly scripted series-- or at least semi-scripted. Think of it as the Curb Your Enthusiasm for the Food Network.

I think it would fit perfectly at the 11 p.m. timeslot on Thursday nights, with Ace of Cakes as a lead-in. (Do you hear the gears of my brain turning?)

All of the I WANT COOKING SHOWS ONLY people are probably puking in their puttanesca over this idea, but whatever. Who's cooking at 11 p.m., anyway? Pop your anchovies back in the can and be entertained for 30 minutes.

Someone get William Morris Agency on the line. I got a show to pitch.

Labels:

 

8 Comments:

At 4/23/2008 12:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i kid you not, after i saw this commercial a few months ago i immediately wanted to buy microsoft office 2007. i can't help myself. bunnies + amy sedaris + cupcakes = I will buy whatever you put in front of me.

 
At 4/23/2008 12:19 PM , Blogger roopa said...

I think this is your best idea to date!!! :)

 
At 4/23/2008 3:20 PM , Blogger JordanBaker said...

I would watch it. I would even give up The Daily Show for The Amy Show.

 
At 4/23/2008 3:58 PM , Blogger Kayla said...

Hahaha your "puking in their puttanesca" line made my day. ^_^

 
At 4/23/2008 9:53 PM , Blogger Lys said...

That was HILARIOUS. I loved her in Strangers with Candy - think she's extremely talented and, you know what, I think the FN should give it a listen. I mean, c'mon - how many repeat challenges are we going to be subjected to - and they could even incorporate Ace of Cakes somehow - someway. I think you need to touch base with Mary Alice and get her on board with your idea :)

 
At 4/23/2008 9:53 PM , Blogger Lys said...

That was HILARIOUS. I loved her in Strangers with Candy - think she's extremely talented and, you know what, I think the FN should give it a listen. I mean, c'mon - how many repeat challenges are we going to be subjected to - and they could even incorporate Ace of Cakes somehow - someway. I think you need to touch base with Mary Alice and get her on board with your idea :)

 
At 4/24/2008 1:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Jake, this would probably work out better than half the garbage currently running on FN. Be sure that Tuschman thinks he thought of it first, otherwise it might be hard to pitch.

You sir, might get the first daytime Emmy for the FN if you play your cards right.

 
At 4/26/2008 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun -- and give me that pink kitchen! The bunnies were *too* cute -- loved how adept he was with a mouse. But I have to admit, toward the end when the bunny jumps into the pot on the stove I had flashbacks from "Fatal Attraction" :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive