about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, April 21

Breaking: Iron Chef Michael Symon Replaces Irvine on Dinner: Impossible

Iron Chef Michael Symon is replacing Robert Irvine as host of Food Network's Dinner: Impossible, according to reports.


The winner of last year's Next Iron Chef competition will shoot 13 episodes this month!!! And they're jumbo-sizing them from 30 to 60 minutes. Symon will also continue to shoot Iron Chef America.

"This is my cup of tea," Symon is quoted by Cleveland's Plain Dealer. "Tell me something's impossible, that gets me going to prove you wrong."

********************************

Yay! I'm actually very excited to hear this. Michael really proved himself as a talented chef and TV personality on Next Iron Chef, and I think DI will the perfect place for his talents.

Hopefully this announcement will put to rest any rumors of a possible return by Irvine that might have been circulating due to the somewhat vague statement made by Food Network President Brooke Johnson, which indicated the network could "revisit [the] decision" to not renew Robert Irvine's contract at the end of his production cycle.

Labels: , ,

 

8 Comments:

At 4/21/2008 4:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome. Now I'd actually watch DI. :)

 
At 4/21/2008 4:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!

 
At 4/21/2008 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He seems like such a nice guy ... I like him !

 
At 4/22/2008 1:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE Mike! There is just something about this guy that is so engaging and sweet.....I will definitely watch a show with him in it! Much better than that liar guy.... finally FN presents something cool with a cool person!! It's SO overdue and about time..... their programming needs a HUGER overhaul and house cleaning I think...... how many more traveling food shows can they subject us to??

 
At 4/22/2008 8:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great. I really love Symon's personality. He has charisma and he can cook!

 
At 7/28/2008 1:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Symon's a nice guy but...Dinner Impossible? C'mon. B-O-R-I-N-G! He's the weak link on Iron Chef and now this?

 
At 9/06/2008 3:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry. I have been disappointed in any show that has Michael Symon as the featured chef. I didn't think he deserved to win Iron Chef , Chef Besh should have won. And now Michael is taking over for Robert??? Another show I won't be watching on Food Network! I have a loyal Food Network Fan for many years, usually leaving it on while I work around the house. I find myself channel surfing more and more now. The new shows, except for BiG Daddy's House, are BORING! Someone really needs to look at the line-up more seriously. I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

 
At 11/12/2008 8:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

he SUCKS period! This show needs to be canceled without Robert Irvine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive