about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Thursday, May 8

Inside Ellie's Kitchen

Ellie Krieger is one of my favorite hosts on Food Network. I've had the pleasure of interviewing her before, and ran into her at this year's South Beach Wine and Food Festival. She is a delight.

The New York Sun recently featured an awesome look inside Ellie's real life New York City kitchen on the Upper West Side. I'm just short train ride away, Ellie. The dinner bell is ringing!



She and her husband must be doing pretty well, as this isn't your typical, shoebox-size NYC kitchen.

"They put in granite countertops, removed old appliances, and added custom-made, cherry-stained maple cabinetry that goes with the dark wood furniture around the rest of apartment.[...]They also added a bread drawer with a Plexiglas cover that balances moisture and keeps bread from drying out, and a root vegetable drawer that has an aerated bottom to keep it cool and dry."

[sigh] When will I have a NYC kitchen like this, I wonder. Tina Fey was once quoted as saying something along the lines of, "In my first apartment in New York, I could sit on the toilet and still reach the stove to stir what was cooking--it was that small." That'd probably be the kind of place I'd get at this point.

Labels: ,

 

4 Comments:

At 5/08/2008 1:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellie Krieger--thank goodness!!!--is old school. Today's breed of model seems so vacant compared to her. Anyone who can go back to school and pick up degrees in nutrition and then impart her knowledge to those of us who are eager fans in a book, numerous magazine articles and her TFN show...she's a winner in my book!

 
At 5/08/2008 3:05 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I adore Ellie too! She's fabulous. Thanks for sharing this link. I love her kitchen set on the Food Network, but her real life kitchen sounds much more homey.

 
At 5/08/2008 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah they should totally film her show in her actual kitchen!

 
At 5/08/2008 10:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had her kitchen too, I would not even have to live in NYC, finding one here in DC would be just fine!!!! Love the blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive