about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Friday, May 16

Statement from Food Network Re: Jeffrey Vaden

I posted yesterday about The Next Food Network Star season 4 contestant Jeffrey Vaden's age discrepancy. I wasn't alleging anything specific, just noticing the inaccuracy. Well, when it comes to Food Network's #1 show, they're apparently not taking any chances.

A Food Network spokesperson just issued the following statement:

"It was recently brought to our attention that an inaccuracy regarding Jeffrey Vaden's age, a contestant on season four of The Next Food Network Star, was included in promotional online video and press screeners of the premiere episode. The contestant mistakenly wrote his age as 39 on his initial application, but also provided his correct year of birth and later verified it with the network. The correct age of 43 was used in all network materials but due to a production mistake, the incorrect age was included in the show and the online video. We are correcting the mistake immediately."

Unfortunately, I feel a statement like this will only add to the speculation. (Which could perhaps be the point???)

Who "mistakenly writes" their own age incorrectly, but still manages to put the correct year of birth? That seems strange.

TMZ actually picked the initial post up, so hello to all the new visitors. To answer one TMZ commenter's question of: "Who the hell would notice or care about this?" Well, that person is ME! =)

Labels: ,

 

6 Comments:

At 5/16/2008 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

TMZ visitor asks: "Who the hell would notice or care about this?"

Well, you would think Lord Tuschman may care. After all, he became so righteous and upstanding after the JAG and Robert Irvine incidents.

You would think this would matter to him very much.

Now we get a FN concocted story where a very well educated man can't fill in a basic application form. Well done Bob.

 
At 5/16/2008 7:16 PM , Blogger JordanBaker said...

I actually buy this story, because it sounds like something I would do. EG: I have never written down my DOB as being in any year other than 1977. But I sometimes punch the wrong age into the machines at the gym, and I often find myself at the grocery store, thinking I'm 6 years younger than I am and having to remind myself that no. I am not 25. I am, in fact, catastrophically old.

 
At 5/16/2008 8:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nobody who is 43 puts their age as 39 on an application by mistake. And how about that grammar:

Jeffrey Vaden's age, a contestant on season four

Is his age the contestant?

Sorry, but I am particular about grammar, and a FN spokesperson should be able to do better.

 
At 5/17/2008 3:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there is no age restriction involved, what's the problem.

 
At 5/18/2008 11:13 AM , Blogger Wine Dine Whine said...

what is with this show and it's bizaro characters? this show has so much controversy surrounding it, it's amazing. Where did the two adorable "hearty boys" go? And the Gourmet Next Door's nonchalant disappearance? totally suspect Guy is the only "Star" that has shined on? Are you effing kidding me? It's like a really funny train wreck if you ask me. And yet, Michael Symon kicks so much ass on the other reality competition, and he was on ICA... twice last season? Oy.

 
At 5/18/2008 10:51 PM , Blogger John said...

This show is still not as weird as Top Chef this season. I've been watching and even live blogging it as it airs, and I've noticed two strange, and to me (at first) seemingly contradictory things: 1) the people on this show are assholes, and 2) this is a much better season than the last one.

It might be fun to live blog this NFNS4 from the beginning! Oooh, I think I just gave myself an idea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive