about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Friday, June 27

Duff, Geof & Mary Alice at Boston Premiere of Get Smart

Ace of Cakes' Duff, Mary Alice and Geof were invited to attend the Boston premiere of the new Steve Carrell movie Get Smart, writes Mary Alice on the Charm City Cakes blog. This premiere was extra special because it was a benefit for the Zachary Carson Brain Tumor Fund at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

But you know the Charm City Cakes crew can't show up without a cake...


I love it! The cake looks great. The movie? Not so much.

Get Smart was one of my favorite shows to watch (in reruns) when I was a kid, and I just didn't think the movie was able to reflect the original show's humor and timing.

And I don't have a problem with a remake taking a slightly different spin; I just prefer it when the spin is done well. This movie seemed confused--like it didn't know if it should be a farce, an action movie, or a love story, so they just threw bits of all three hoping it'd work.

But I'm not a movie blogger... soooo... here's another pic of the CCC crew. =)


Boston.com has a short video from the premiere featuring Steve Carrell and Duff.

Mary Alice tells us that the event raised $400,000. Good job!

Labels: , , , ,

 

2 Comments:

At 6/27/2008 1:45 PM , Blogger Irene at Spring Woods said...

I thought the movie was cute.

 
At 6/28/2008 3:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Last night, the local news came on and reported that the new movie, “Get Smart” took in like 49 million dollars over the weekend. My wife and I looked at each other in disbelief. My question is…..with gas and food prices the way they are today, who the hell has 10 dollars (per ticket) to throw away on the crap Hollywood puts in the Theatres these days!? Two tickets with popcorn and a drink is going to cost you at least 30 dollars. To see…..”Get Smart”?
I m watching Movies Here
http://www.80millionmoviesfree.com still i am Using Download Movies

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive