about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Friday, June 6

(knock, knock) Housekeeping! Can we eat your cake?

One of my favorite episodes of Ace of Cakes was on last night. It's the one where the housekeeping staff takes the sheet cakes intended for a Roger Moore event at the United Nations out of Geof's hotel room in NYC and eats them. Hilarious now. Probably not then.

The look on Mary Alice's face when Duff tells her the cakes were eaten is priceless.


Watch the clip:



Mary Alice: This is a television program, and I can't tell you that they're not going to talk about the fact that our cakes were eaten by the housekeeping staff on television.

Also, Mary Alice recently sent the President of the Mary Alice Fan Club (read: Me) a flyer about an upcoming "Cake is Awesome" party. I'm not sure what it's for exactly, but who cares... cake IS awesome. What else is there to know?

<

Umm... cake and the company behind fun t-shirts?! I'm there! Oh wait... actually, I won't be. I'll be in New York City. Dang! I hope none of those NYC housekeepers sneak in and take any of my goodies!

It's the weekend. Woo hoo!

So, this weekend, as you begin shopping for matching window treatments to coordinate with your dinner party outfit, inscribing each individual guest's placecard on old matchbooks, and draping your table with a variety of fabric runners, I want you to remember to:

-- keep it simple
-- keep it smart
-- keep it memorable
-- keep it... what was that last one I said?
-- keep it, wait, just get me a drink
-- keep it semi-homemade. Or something along those lines.

Labels: , ,

 

9 Comments:

At 6/07/2008 1:15 AM , Blogger Timotheus said...

So, anyone know what hotel it was?

 
At 6/07/2008 10:11 AM , Blogger Amy said...

I'm so glad I found your blog... you're crackin' me up! Loved your closing.

 
At 6/07/2008 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would piss me off. I can't believe they a cake in the basement. How dumb are these people?

 
At 6/07/2008 12:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were the sheet cakes taken out of the room when Geofie Bird and the broad when for breakfast ?

If so, then the staff thiefed them and Goldman should call the cops and ask to press charges.

And which hotel was it ? I'd love to hear the reviews on Hotels.com.

"Rooms were clean and airy, bathrooms clean , staff stole our luggage and takeout food."

Mary Alice and Goldman and staff showed tremendous restraint dude. I'd be livid and want heads to roll.

 
At 6/07/2008 6:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Mary Alice! She handled that like a pro.

I nominate FNA for the "E for Excellence" blog award.

 
At 6/07/2008 7:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Alice did remain so calm and professional. The hotel paying for the new sheet cakes is not enough...they need to do something for all of the stress they caused because it happened so close to the time they needed the cakes.

How on earth did the housekeeping staff get the idea the cakes were for them? Or if they out-and-out stole them, how did they not think they'd be caught? What a weird thing to happen. I think most employees would have the sense to know that they should not take anything that belongs to the guests. Wow...

mundane

 
At 6/08/2008 4:35 PM , Blogger Lady of the Mists--Live Person Advice Expert said...

Wow, please tell me which hotel this was, unbelievable! Jeff was so calm through it all, so low-key and Mary Alice handled the situation with firmness yet grace. Nice show of character, MA!

 
At 6/08/2008 9:44 PM , Blogger John said...

I could not believe this when I saw it. Unbelievable! But I'm thinking that AoC didn't mention the hotel by name because they paid for the costs of the cakes - a little pain goes a little way to rectify things. Too bad they didn't fire the moron who carved it up.

 
At 6/09/2008 2:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never found anything to be more absurd than someone eating a cake that belongs to someone else. It goes against all logic in my mind. This is not the first instance I've seen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive