about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, June 17

When the Lights Go Out

I was planning on attempting another 60-second recap of the third episode of of The Next Food Network Star and posting about Jeffrey Vaden's departure, BUT I had no power when I arrived home last night. There had been a storm in the area, but it was nothing too severe. I thought it would come back on within an hour. It didn't.

Growing up, it was always kind of fun when we were without power. Being the Midwest, we always had SEVERE THUNDERSTORM warnings and tornadoes swirling around, so we spent a good deal of time in our basement eating popcorn and listening to the battery-operated radio.

Well, it's not so much fun when you're an adult--or pretending to be one. After a few hours of reading, I took a nap. Then I woke up and went to the gym. I came home to find the power still off and the apt. pitch black.

So, I did what any normal person would do in the same situation: I got drunk by candlelight.

(Well, not really. I had 2 glasses of wine and didn't feel like stumbling downstairs in the dark for more, but for the sake of drama I'll say I got drunk.)

The power was still off this morning when I woke up. (sigh) I'll hopefully get back up to speed shortly.

Labels:

 

3 Comments:

At 6/17/2008 1:55 PM , Blogger Freddy said...

Sorry to hear Jacob, that storm last night was a wild one.

 
At 6/17/2008 2:54 PM , Blogger Attila the Fun said...

Aww, Aunt Sandy taught you well. It's too bad you couldn't make a "Click Clock Tick Tock-tini"

I still can't find the recipe for that one anywhere... anyone?

 
At 6/17/2008 11:42 PM , Blogger John said...

We had some wild weather up here, too (worse last week). I'll look for future 60-second summaries!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive