about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, July 1

Shane Can't Host His Own Show

... unless he ditches that Nickelodeon "All That" acting style. I'm sorry, but I just don't think he acts all that natural when he's on camera.


I just get a "I'm doing a cold read at a Cheerios commercial audition" kind of vibe from him.

Anyhow, I've really enjoyed reading all of your comments on episode 5. Lots of you out there seem to have pretty positive opinions of Shane:

"Seriously, Shane is about the only one I can watch without being in pain"

"He's doing good work, there really is no young-young FN star right now, and he could fit a niche."

"Last night gave me more hope for Shane, and honestly, I'd rather watch him than Lisa or Kelsey anyday."

"Shane, obviously is the only one of them that has some talent in both fields and probably will end up winning."

"I am now pulling for Shane more than ever. He's the only one I'd be inclined to watch unless they give one of the others ALOT of presentation/cooking coaching."

Perhaps I'm just bitter because if Shane were to win, the comparisons to Dave Lieberman would start popping up... the youth, gourmet made easy on a budget, etc.—and Dave Lieberman he is not.

ALTHOUGH, come to think of it, Dave was pretty awful on camera in his early episodes. Luckily, he just had to do something cute, like... umm... lie on some shopping carts and he'd redeem himself. =)

So I'm torn.

Labels: , ,

 

10 Comments:

At 7/01/2008 10:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bitter? Really, Jacob? awwww.....It'll be okay.

 
At 7/01/2008 11:13 PM , Blogger Dylan Jay Smith said...

Shane annoys the **** out of me. He's too... annoying. lol

-Dylan

 
At 7/02/2008 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha..that Cherrios line was funny.

 
At 7/02/2008 12:13 PM , Blogger Greg said...

Well, the sad thing is, Shane seems to be the best of the lot. Lisa and Kelsey irritate me much more. He just strikes me as the one with the most potential..

And yes, he is no Dave but Dave is so cute and so adorable, he could do what he wants. My only complaint about the show was that Dave was never naked, not even once..

 
At 7/02/2008 12:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really think its going to come down between shane and lisa. i really like shane though, i think he will appeal more to the college crowd and such

 
At 7/02/2008 4:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shane gets my vote.

And please....get Guy F off the air

I cannot believe the way he shoves food in his mouth on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives".
His overprocessed hair is mushy looking and he is immature for being 40.

 
At 7/03/2008 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This show is so painful to watch. I think the FN jackasses know that the field of contestants is real weak and continue onward.

If I was Lord Tuschman, I would just say," sorry, none of you are suitable, this show is now closed for business" and cut his losses, but this strange looking peculiar man keeps plugging away.

Can any of you see it ? It is the main reason why FN sucks the big one and airs garbage shows 50% of the time.

Schedule C Network ring a bell ?

 
At 7/03/2008 11:33 AM , Blogger Rob said...

i wonder if i'm the only one who LOVEEEESS Lisa! I think she gets sweeter and better week by week

 
At 7/07/2008 10:26 PM , Blogger Rocco Gibraltar said...

I just dusted off my old crystal ball, and have a clear vision. Shane has got him some serious opportunities in video. But I see a different company. For some reason the words, Falcon and Titan come to mind. Not sure what that means?

 
At 7/08/2008 2:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

FN seems to be turning to ghetto types..

I will miss Shane, he seemed most professional in his approach.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive