about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, September 8

Food Network Partners with Hearst for New Magazine

Another magazine about food!

Food Network and Hearst Magazines will release the first test issue of Food Network Magazine this October.


"The premiere issue is scheduled to hit newsstands nationwide on October 14, with a second test issue planned for January. Initial distribution will be 300,000 copies. Maile Carpenter, formerly executive editor of Every Day with Rachael Ray, is the magazine’s editor-in-chief."

Perhaps you remember the story back in January about two of Rachael Ray's mag staffers leaving their jobs to go work on a 'secret food magazine project' at Hearst. Well, this is that secret project!

"The magazine concept is to feature various Food Network talent – from the Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten to Paula Deen, Guy Fieri, Alton Brown and Tyler Florence – throughout its pages, offering readers their personal tips, tricks and recipes, plus a behind-the-scenes look at their shows and kitchens. Recipes from the Food Network Kitchens will be divided into easy weeknight meals and dishes more suited to weekend entertaining. In addition, the magazine will showcase great kitchen tools, food products, new restaurants, original recipes and the best food across America."

Yay for Ina being involved! Paula Deen already has her own magazine, so I wonder just how exactly she'll be able to be involved.

******************************************

I'm not really crazy about food magazines, but I'll be interested to see how Food Network makes its stamp upon the field. They're lucky to already have such well-known personalities and be able to utilize them in the magazine's pages. Now, we'll just have to see if that will be enough to get people to buy it.

Labels:

 

9 Comments:

At 9/08/2008 1:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's, actually, pretty cool! I'll be buying a copy!

 
At 9/08/2008 2:31 PM , Blogger Randy said...

I would check it out. I have looked at RR and PD, and found both lacking.

 
At 9/08/2008 3:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will probably look at it...it could be interesting. We'll just have to wait and see if they screw it up!

 
At 9/08/2008 5:20 PM , Blogger T-Wan said...

As much as I like the Food Network I'm not sure I would rush out and buy a copy. I would pick it up at the checkout stand a few times first. I hate buying mags and taking them home only to be upset later.

 
At 9/08/2008 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give it a try. I subscribed to RR's for a year, but didn't renew.

 
At 9/09/2008 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in a focus group for this magazine and I'm really excited about it! Brooke Johnson was there and she listened to our input!

 
At 9/09/2008 7:18 PM , Blogger Alejandro said...

Cool. I'd like to get a copy.

 
At 9/11/2008 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given the number of magazines that have bellied up over the last few years, I am surprised that any company is willing to trot out a new one.

This makes no sense at all. I am not at all interested. I don't like Paula, Guy or Rachael. If all of those individuals were excluded, I would buy one issue.

 
At 9/15/2008 6:14 PM , Blogger Lys said...

I would be interested to see what's featured. Plus, to showcase some of the other FN talent, like the newer talent might be good as well - who might not be featured in other publications.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive