about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Sunday, September 28

Q&A - Barefoot Contessa Special

I'm excited that so many of you are looking forward to Ina Garten's Thanksgiving special that I'll be a part of. It was such a wonderful experience and I can't wait to share all the details with you, but I'd better wait until it airs.


Until then, I'll answer a few questions--without giving away too much.

Colleen said...
how'd you score that gig?!?!

One of Ina's producers emailed me back in August about the "Dear Food Network" Thanksgiving special and asked me to post a call to submit videos. Ironically, I had just seen a posting on Craigslist the day before and shot my own video, hoping that Ina would pick me. I honestly don't know if having this blog helped me or not, but it wasn't just "connections" that got me there. I really am a huge fan of Ina!

Anonymous said...
Please tell us HOW this came to be?? She knew who you are??
See above for the first question. As far as Ina knowing me, I'm not really sure if Ina knew of this blog beforehand. I didn't really get the impression that she sits around on the Internet all day.

Herb of DC said...
I'm looking at the picture...her face...your face..her face...your face...OH MY GOD! YOU ARE RLEATED ARENT YOU!!!

I wish. If anyone wants to look into any second, third, or fourth cousins once-removed kind of relationships, I'd be up for it.

Anonymous said...
I've never posted here before but I LOVE this blog.
BRING US DOGGIE BAGS!!!!!

Glad you came out of hiding! And I wish I had thought of a doggie bag. It's weird, but the food kind of disappeared as the taping was winding down. Honestly, I was so full by the end that getting more food wasn't really on my mind.

Charles said...
Sweet! Man that is so awesome! U lucky bistid you! Looking forward to that special even more now. What were the other people like that were also there? Is her house anywhere near Loaves and Fishes? All those houses look so much alike in that area. I have like a million questions please fill us all in asap!
I can't reveal who all was there yet. And, yes, the house is pretty close to Loaves and Fishes (the specialty food store owned by Ina's friend Anna Pump), but the village of East Hampton itself didn't seem that big.

Anonymous said...
Tell us what we all want to know....did you meet TR?!!

Gotta tune in and seeeeee!

Labels: ,

 

10 Comments:

At 9/28/2008 8:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

buddy!
OFF TOPIC but HERE ya gotta do this!! love ina btw

Martha Stewart is looking to become part of the blogging community. She is running a "contest" right now asking for bloggers to submit a comment on her site with their URL.

The prize you ask? How about getting featured on her site!

 
At 9/28/2008 9:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

anna pump...... LOVE that name
but I bet loaves n fishes is expensive....then again if you live there that would be the last thing on your mind.....

loving you from my computer room reading your blog and eating mashed potatoes and gravy.....
XXXOOO

 
At 9/28/2008 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the answers... But more importantly, when does it air?

 
At 9/28/2008 10:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Jacob, we are all living vicariously through you. Can't wait to see the special!

 
At 9/29/2008 2:01 AM , Blogger Prohomemaker.Com said...

Jacob, I couldn't be happier for you! What a wonderful moment for you (that I would kill for).

How about some more questions/future blogs:

* An insider's look at the filming -- the length of time, the good, the tedious

* Was Jeffrey there?

* OK -- a fun one -- did she say, "Don't have any fun without me"?

* If you did have to say anything, I hope you're a better actor than popcorn guy :-)

* Did Genivive ever return that expensive casserole dish? :-)

Big hug and congratulations to you!

Harry

 
At 9/29/2008 2:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blogs, very funny. is bobby deen still single? Find some dirt on him and blog it! please! You rock!

-Jenny in Arizona

 
At 9/29/2008 6:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's Ina going to say about your not having her picture on your banner?

 
At 9/29/2008 10:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

to Jenny in Arizona: Bobby Deen is still single. No known steady girlfriend, either -- if there is, she didn't go with him on the recent Paula Deen Cookin' at Sea Cruise. At least there appeared to be no GF with him in the cruise photos which can be viewed at www.baileysphotos.com. However, he did take his employee and "best friend", Mike, along.

Would you call that hiding in plain sight, Jacob?

 
At 9/29/2008 2:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you swipe anything to keep as a memento ?

 
At 9/30/2008 12:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Anonymous said...
Tell us what we all want to know....did you meet TR?!!
Gotta tune in and seeeeee!"

Yea! You answered my question! LOL! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive