about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Monday, November 24

"Everybody Says I have a Force Field Around Me" -- Sandra Lee

Sandra Lee is magical!



When I first started this blog, the idea of meeting Ina Garten seemed like the biggest, most out-of-reach thing I could ever dream of happening. Well, it happened.

So just like Oprah says, you dream one dream, and once you reach that dream you dream a bigger dream!

So my next dream is: I want to have a cocktail with Sandra Lee!

You'd think this wouldn't be that hard to accomplish. We know she likes the drink, so it should require little effort on my part. She lives (at least some of the year) in New York, and I'm there often enough to make it happen.

The ongoing problem is that Sandra Lee hasn't been showing up at these food festivals. She wasn't scheduled to present at the NYC Wine and Food Festival this past Oct. and somehow didn't end up showing at the other festival in South Beach, despite being originally scheduled.

I want this to be an organic thing--don't wanna pull some strings and have it all set up by others. Ideally, I'd just walk into a bar and see Sandra Lee there and we'd chat, perhaps while discussing the best paper to use for placecards and how she has time to tie all those ribbons around the napkins.

Not that crazy, right? I'll make it my 2009 goal.

Labels: ,

 

15 Comments:

At 11/24/2008 12:23 PM , Blogger Claudine said...

Law of attraction...it works. Get yourself a vision board started! That's how Oprah does it too. :-)

 
At 11/24/2008 2:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to sneak up to her at the bar, give her a teasing kiss on the back of the neck, and then hand her a seasoning packet with my name on it.

 
At 11/24/2008 2:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's not a force field, it is a wall of gin stench.

 
At 11/24/2008 2:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that dream with Rachael Ray

 
At 11/24/2008 2:23 PM , Blogger Syd said...

I'd like to get her tanked and then dare her to show me that fabulous rack.

Dare, beg...same difference.

 
At 11/24/2008 2:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Jacob, hon, trust me - you do not want to meet Sandra Lee. Please set your sights a little higher. You deserve better!

So is she shilling for Johnsonville now? And what happened to the Emmy nominated hair? Looks like she just rolled out of bed.

 
At 11/24/2008 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Jake would get along fine with Sandra. I don't think he is setting low standards. Just seeing how the other half cooks, that's all.

It does look like she is shilling for Johnsonville doesn't it. The mushroom recipe looked horrid and probably tastes like shit anyway. Save your money .Buy real italian sausgae from you local butcher.

 
At 11/24/2008 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let her make money! She could be washed up at any time. Even though it is changing (bailouts) go girl -we are still a free enterprise system.

 
At 11/24/2008 3:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also fantasize about Aunt Sandy.

Culinary ingredients include butter, olive oil, Cool Whip (no time to get out the KitchenAid and make it fresh), and pre-mixed Cuervo margaritas.

Problem is, she starts to talk and it becomes a nightmare...

 
At 11/24/2008 5:38 PM , Blogger Freddy said...

Jacob, Aunt Sandy seems like she would be fun to hang with, specially after a few drinks. I would want to know how she easily puts together her tablescapes, it seems like a hell of a lot of work to me. Everything seems so easy, I would want to know the real truth.

 
At 11/24/2008 6:18 PM , Blogger Chris said...

omg lets find her together.

 
At 11/24/2008 11:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. Aunt Sandy slumped over the bar beggin' for more vanilla vodka and Coke. That's my idea of a real fab time.

 
At 11/25/2008 12:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Let's find her three-way. :-)))

 
At 11/25/2008 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whooowoooo. I'm sensing a drunk azz Sandy train comin' round the bend.

 
At 11/25/2008 4:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacob,

Can't you get these gross people from posting this sick stuff on your blog?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive