Tuesday, November 4
And while I know some of you come here with the idea that a blog about Food Network would be the last place you'd find people arguing about politics, politics have -- like it or not -- entered into virtually every facet of our lives, including Food Network.
Rachael Ray had the presidential candidates on her talkshow, Michelle Obama paid a visit to Paula Deen's primetime show Paula's Party, and Giada De Laurentiis is telling us how to throw an election night party on Food Network's Website.
Some Food Network stars didn't feature politicians on their shows, but that doesn't mean they weren't politically involved.
Let's take a look at recent and past donations:
- Rachael Ray gave $2,300 to the Hillary Clinton campaign (her husband John gave the same amount to Hill, too.)
- Sandra Lee, CEO of Semi-Homemade gave $2,300 to the Hillary Clinton campaign and $2,000 to John Kerry.
- Ina Garten gave $2,000 to John Kerry.
- Mario Batali gave $1,000 to John Edwards.
- Martha Stewart gave $4,600 to Hillary Clinton.
- I can't find anything on Giada, but her grand-daddy Dino De Laurentiis gave $2,000 to George W. in 2004.
Did anyone donate to one of the presidential candidates actually on the ballot today? Yes!
Ace of Cakes' Mary Alice gave $714 to Barack Obama! Go MALICE!
Mary Alice for Prez!