about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, December 30

Girl Who Mary Alice Visited For "Bucket List" Wish Dies

Very sad news to report...

Liz Evett, the 18-year-old Washington state girl diagnosed with Leukemia who was visited in the hospital by Mary Alice of Ace of Cakes, died on Monday.

After Liz stopped responding to chemotherapy in June, she got inspired by the 2007 movie The Bucket List and set out to create her own list of things she hoped to do before she died. Meeting someone from Charm City Cakes was on that list.

In a twist of fate, Mary Alice just happened to be in Seattle when a story ran in the local paper about Liz. Included in that story was one of Liz's bucket list wishes to meet someone from the show.

After learning of her death, Mary Alice wrote on Liz's website:
"Meeting her was one of the most meaningful days of my life. She has touched so many people, and I will be forever in her debt for making (my) life a more grateful and peaceful life." [Source]

********

Remember to hug the people you love this New Year's Eve!

Labels:

 

5 Comments:

At 12/30/2008 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true Jacob. Hug the people you love this New Year's Eve

 
At 12/30/2008 11:35 AM , Blogger Lord of Light AZ said...

I just saw that movie about a week ago. I think I have pretty much done all the things that I needed to do.

My list only has 3 things left on it. Visit Maine and Alaska and go to Italy. I have been in every other state, at least once. (Yeah, I know Italy is not a state, I supposedly own an orange grove in Italy, or at least I might have before the first world war.)

I gave up on "Walking on the Moon". That just is not going to happen.

I know I kid around a lot about stuff. It is funny how much looking at food can be so much fun when eating it has become so much of a chore. I make things for others to eat, I guess that is enough fun.

 
At 12/30/2008 12:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how sad! :(

 
At 12/30/2008 7:38 PM , Blogger grannymelissa said...

So sad. But so wonderful that Mary Alice made the time to make one of Liz's wishes come true. It seems to have meant so much to both of them.

Goodbye Liz. We'll see you on the other side. And i hope when you got there, there was a huge, crazy cake waiting just for you.

 
At 12/31/2008 1:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew Liz.
She was a really really great girl and more people need to strive to be as loving and carefree as her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive