about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Wednesday, December 3

Michael Chiarello Opens 'Bottega' This Friday

Even when not filming his Food Network show Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello, which I have the sneaking suspicion hasn't been filming new episodes for a while now, Michael Chiarello is still plenty busy. He's got another show on sister network Fine Living, is the owner of the NapaStyle store and product line, and will be opening a new restaurant in the Napa Valley area this Friday, Dec. 5.


(There he is looking dapper at this past Feb's South Beach Wine and Food Festival. Not a drop of perspiration on the man, and it was like 90 degrees!")

Bottega, Chiarello's newest offering to Napa, is housed in a vintage space at the V Marketplace area of Yountville, CA and features two large fireplaces, an outdoor terrazzo, and working wine room with a private dining table. According to Eater SF (which has great coverage of the spot), "signature dishes include warm pecorino cheese 'pudding' and house-made veal tortellini."

Yum.

Chiarello also has several Bottega updates on his personal blog talking about the challenges of picking a wine list, getting construction completed on time, etc. He really understands what a blog is all about. Good for ChiChi!

Any NapaValians planning on going this weekend?

Labels: ,

 

16 Comments:

At 12/03/2008 12:59 PM , Blogger Andy said...

I gotta say I love Michael and I hope he doesn't disappear from the network. He can seem a little too put together at times, but man, his food is delicious. His ropa vieja is the most requested dish from my family and friends.

 
At 12/03/2008 1:24 PM , Blogger Syd said...

I never would have recognized him, if you hadn't told me. Actually, I still don't see much resemblance.

Just how old are the episodes we've been watching?

 
At 12/03/2008 3:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course he isn't filming. He isn't a drone, and can actually cook. Unlike most of the other dreck on the channel.

 
At 12/03/2008 3:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for Michael. He's busy with the restaurants, FN and FL shows, and Napa Style food and products line. He's involved with so many projects and he doesn't seem overexposed to me. And the previous blogger is right -- this man can cook, unlike some of the cooks/chefs on the FN. And he's gorgeous!

 
At 12/03/2008 3:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish much success for Michael & his restaurant. I live on the east coast but I have relatives that live in Napa. Next time I visit I'll check it out. Does anyone know.. is this his first restaurant? By the way Ina Fans when I visit my Napa relatives they always entertain us with Ina recipes and have her books. I am a pretty good cook (not beginer stage) and I have learned some things from watching Michael.

 
At 12/03/2008 4:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED Michael's show on FN! Sucks that FN cancels all the good shows and continues to put more and more shit on their channel! Yuck!

 
At 12/03/2008 4:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is FN cancelling Easy Entertaining? I watch the show M-F at 11:30 am.

 
At 12/03/2008 5:17 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Wow - he's looking mighty sexy there--- love the gray in the hair!

 
At 12/03/2008 5:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael was the owner/chef of Tra Vigne in St. Helena. Not the nicest person around. He was bought out by his partners and banned from the property due to law suits against them. He definitely can cook but....

 
At 12/04/2008 1:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wish he could pronounce "cilantro".

 
At 12/04/2008 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved his show too but only get to see it if I'm very early on the weekends now. He has some great recipes.

 
At 12/04/2008 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did an interview with Michael Chiarello for the journal Paradigm, along with Stephanie Izard and Michael Ruhlman. You can read it here: www.paradigmjournal.com/oliver. Super nice guy.

 
At 12/04/2008 9:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like him. Even if he is on the down low.

 
At 12/05/2008 7:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you know he's on the down low?

 
At 12/09/2008 7:46 AM , Blogger Dumplin' said...

it's his way or the alley.

 
At 12/09/2008 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

FN Addicts

Thanks for the warm wishes for my new restaurant. Stop in and say hello next time your in Napa Valley.

MC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive